E-invoicing in Malaysia

In Malaysia the e-Invoice is going to be implemented in phases from next year (2024)
The guidelines are published here: https://www.hasil.gov.my/en/e-invoice/

I’ve gone through the almost similar topics here:

But could not find any solid conclusion/implementation about it (I might have missed if any).

Cloud anyone please let me know, how business in Malaysia who are using Manager.io can adopt this e-invoicing matter.

See

and

Creating a custom program from an API cannot be considered a solution.

A country specific localisation is custom programming already. Encapsulating specific interface code in a separate program with a clear interface to Manager is a method of separating the code bases.

@Davide why do you believe a separate program interfacing between Manager and a country’s tax authority is not a solution to EDI requirements.

This is all a bit deep. All that is needed is the ability to easily customise invoices and credit notes to suit fiscal signature devices. The signature devices handle the communication with the tax authorities

I have had to introduce post processing in a graphics application to swap out the column heads and other labels. There is no problem with the actual data.

For me this a is a form design problem only

A fiscal device looks for information either in a specific position (needs fixed form length) or the first number after x. X being “total including VAT” or “Excluding VAT” and so on. Following from this a document with the word “invoice” or total" appearing in 2 different places is an issue.

This is incorrect and not simple at all. Many authorities require electronic submission to their server system which then adds their authorization to the e-invoice that then can be issued to the customer or supplier. The challenge is that this internet-based connection between the business Manager application and the Authorities e-invoice approval application needs internet interfaces as required by the authorities in their formats.

The actual format of such invoices is the easy part, the inter-facing between systems is the messy and difficult part as discussed here.

@eko

It may be different in different jurisdictions. I have looked into online fiscal signature devices which add some kind of authentication. In our case it will place a QR code upon the invoice. It all works off a virtual printer which makes a pdf that is then put through the authentication device which reads off the relevant information of interest to the tax authorities. The thing is live and the tax authority gets realtime information. If your invoice passes muster a code of some sort is applied. In our case a qr code. This is the way it is done in many places. There does not need to be a direct data link t from your accounts application to the Tax authority server. The fiscal signature device does this.

This way the system is accounts application independent.

The guide in Malaysia says:

Further and clear explanation of Malaysian e-Invoicing can be found here: https://www.hasil.gov.my/en/e-invoice/

I did not disagree with that. However, for those that want to interface with the Invoicing of Manager some interface must exist, even if through intermediaries and thus seems suitable for programming interfaces such as API. I only mentioned that it is not simply changing the invoices format but changing how interactions between different applications including Manager and those of authorities (also through intermediaries) in different countries can be facilitated, and that is pretty complex.

I am literally doing as I have stated above and it works. The core problem for me is the lack of flexibility on the layout

Manager has features added to support a broad market requirement. The solution to e-invoices must address most countries requirements. Doing so requires a general interface to Manager.

Further features are added in a cumulative manner. By which I mean base features are added first then features which use the prior feature additions. An API has many uses so is more capable again than strictly required for e-invoices.

In summary, yes software feature addition is more complicated than initially appears and a lot more complicated than addressing one user’s request.

Malaysia is in the process of implementing e-invoicing and soon it’s going to be mandatory for all the business here. @lubos Please give me an idea that how we the manager users going to adopt this e-invoicing?