Dutch VAT report

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for this reply, but the problem with the standard report as provided by the developer is, that the way the VAT is calculated, is wrong. See and read the topics Why do the costs on a journal entry show in the net sales column? and VAT Declaration for NL not populating correctly

As long as it is not a custom report, I think it is the developers responsibility to take care that the report is correct. Custom reports however are a different kind of report and there it is the users responsibility for what they create.

These bugs need to be fixed by us at the website level. It’s not something end-users are expected to be modifying and fixing. Mostly because:

1. When you click Check of updates button, it will override your changes with whatever is in global localization database.
  2. You can turn off Check for updates button (by removing “Source” attribute from JSON file) but then you can’t benefit from the future improvements.

As for the rounding, there is now new version of the report. It’s basically exactly what @Daniel_Peppelenbos has done except I’ve used round filter instead of floor filter. I assume figures should be rounded up or down based on decimal being 5 or higher. Floor filter will always round down.

Thanks Lubos!
Could you change it to floor again? See the following remark from our Dutch Tax Agency:

Rounding off amounts
You should round off all amounts to the nearest euro, in your advantage. A minus (-) should be placed before the
amount if you mean to fill in a negative amount.

In our advantage, means paying less tax, so rounding down (floor).

Source: https://download.belastingdienst.nl/belastingdienst/docs/toelichting_bij_dig_aangifte_omzetbelasting_ob0731t91fd.pdf

Sorry for the trouble and our weird Dutch rules :wink:

Alright. I’ve changed that to floor now.

1 Like

5b should be ‘ceil’ i.s.o. ‘floor’. :wink:

In the end it really doesn’t matter too much as you’ll have to book the difference as income or expense.

Is there a way to also add the Including results for also adding the Intra-Community transactions declaration (ICP declaration) in addition to the VAT report? In the EU in addition to the VAT filing every quarter, also the Intra Community transaction need to be reported.

It would save quite some time, if a standard report for this was available.

No there is not a standard report available. It is far beyond the scope of Manager to create a report like the ICP declaration. I think we must be very happy that we have the Concept BTW Aangifte as a report especially created for the Dutch customers. To be honest: I think that @Lubos will not give this any priority as the list of ideas is quite long and that are ideas everyone will benefit if they are implemented.

I don’t know. This is something that would be of value for a lot of European companies, as all European companies who sell something outside their own nation borders in Europe are encountered by this.

I understand that Manager.io may not be able to develop automatic interfaces with all European tax offices, but a report with all accumulated Intra-Community transactions per customer per period, should not be too difficult I believe? This way we it can be used for the manually filing. This way Manager.io would be a more regular option for European companies, as this is part of the normal administrative process in Europe.

@AA236, does the Taxable Sales per Customer report not provide what you need? It breaks down sales by both customer and tax code. If you have used the proper tax codes, sales to customers within the EU should be obvious. Likewise, the Taxable Purchases per Supplier report will give you corresponding information on purchases.

Hello Tut,

Yes in principle this report works for this. It would be even better if also the VAT number would be added in this report. Like:

Custumer name - VAT Number - Tax on Sales - Total Sales

Then this report can be used for the Intra-Community transactions declaration (ICP declaration)

Take a look at this topic if it can be useful

What if you put your customer’s VAT number into their name? Then it would print as part of the name.

Yes that would be possible, but I still need proper/normal looking invoices to send to my customer, so that’s not really an option. Best would be to add the field "Business Identifier’ in this report

Hello,

For my tax filing I have used the report ‘Taxable Sales per Customer’ to file the Intra-Community transactions declaration (ICP declaration). Unfortunately the tax office has send me a letter, that I have an inconsistency in the amount I filed at the VAT and with the ICP.

It seems the report ‘Taxable Sales per Customer’ , does not take credits into account, so my ICP filing was higher than my VAT filing, as alle the credits were not included.

Would it be possible to adjust the report ‘Taxable Sales per Customer’ , so that all credits are also included in this report (which would make sense, as you would like to know the acual amount, not the amount without credits)

What I do in order to avoid this behaviour of Manager, I don’t use [Credit Notes].
I duplicate the invoice which has to be credited, change date, change the + (plus) Quantities to - (minus), change the title to [Credit Note], clear Custom Fields which are related to invoices and not credit notes, save the credit note and, when e-mailing the credit note to the client, I change the subject and text in the e-mail accordingly.

This way the credit note is listed as a minus invoice in for instance the report [Taxable Sales per Customer].

Your scenario is probably related to the fact that Manager “sees” the credit note as a purchase. Which is a main issue and discussed “briefly” in the forum.

Ah OK, thanks for this info! That’s a little workaround to be able to use Credit Notes.

Maybe the developerer can have a look at this.

It should not be too difficult to adjust this not?

As Lubos, the developer, has been and is busy with the Dutch VAT, I just checked if Credit Notes are now taken into account now when using report ‘Taxable Sales per Customer’, and as far I can see, they indeed are.
So I guess, you have a look again if it suites your needs now.

I checked, but I don’t think it is working yet at this moment. Maybe it will still follow then

Assuming you have downloaded the experimental VAT-report and you used the newly introduced VAT-codes, the Total of Sales Invoices per Customer report(Totaal van verkoopfacturen per klant) report shows creditnotes as well. The taxables sales report however not yet. See the screenprint.
Be careful however, the new VAT-report and the new VAT codes are still experimental.