You need to use a transaction clearing account.
The Spend Money from Petty Cash gets posted to this account
The Import Bank Statement Receive Money Bank Rule gets posted to this account and cancels out
Read the following: (note its in reverse)
Bank/Cash Transfers are two separate accountings transactions not a single transaction.
- Bank Spend Money - Credit Bank and Debit ???
- Cash Receive Money - Debit Cash and Credit ???
The Inter Account Transfer feature in Manager allows you to truncate that to a single entry - Credit Bank Debit Cash
However, when importing bank statements and using Bank Rules, the processing of two transactions is still required because (rightfully) Manager’s Bank Rules prevents any allocation directly to other Bank/Cash accounts otherwise you would have duplicate transactions as demonstrated below.
If you substituted the ??? for the opposing Bank/Cash account you would now have:
- Bank Spend Money - Credit Bank and Debit Cash
- Cash Receive Money - Debit Cash and Credit Bank
The Bank account now has two credit entries and the Cash account now has two debit entries - hence the duplication. So to use Import Bank Statement you just need in the Bank Rule to post the opposing debit/credit entry to a clearing account, where the contra from the Cash Account transaction will cancel themselves out.
- Bank Spend Money - Credit Bank and Debit Clearing Account
- Cash Receive Money - Debit Cash and Credit Clearing Account
The Clearing Account can be created as either a Current Asset or Current Liability