Delivery fee

I run a cereal business. please how can I add delivery fee to every order because I do send the invoice to the customer without the delivery fee just because I don’t understand where and how to add it automatically in manager.

You could create a non-inventory item. See this Guide.

Thanks Mark . But I have to add the amount , and the amount depends onthe person’s location plus, I will have to input it when I paid the logistics company also. So, I don’t how to balance both

Another option is too use Billable Expenses if you don’t apply a margin to the shipping costs. Search the guides for it.

Two points, @Dahel123:

Adding a delivery fee to a sales invoice to be paid by the customer is the same as adding a line item for any other good or service. You have all the same options and flexibility. Is there something special about your request? Are you trying to link the fee to something else?

If you use billable expenses, you actually can mark up the expense during invoicing by editing the automatically entered price. The extra profit shows up as the difference between invoiced price and billable expense cost. See the Guide on invoicing billable expenses.

Thanks
No special requests . The issue is I tried adding it as a line in the sales invoice before but the amount keed adding to the suspense account and I don’t know how to balance it when paying to the delivery company

That means you didn’t select an account for it. Can you show a screenshot of the edit page of an invoice and of your Chart of Accounts? I can only guess that you haven’t created a P&L account (see this guide) for the delivery fees?

Your payment to the delivery company is a totally separate transaction to you invoicing your customer to recover this cost of delivery you have incurred,

On the payment form, allocate the transaction to the same account where you allocated the delivery fee on the sales invoice.

@Tut @Mark thanks .
I tried using billable expenses and it worked .