Customer code to appear on Receipt

Is it possible customer code to appear on Receipt? If yes, please how?

How does Admin prevent users from modifying items set on form default

You have asked two questions in one topic.

1. Not at the moments. I believe you use Manager to run a school and showing student registration numbers (Customer Codes) on bills is important as there could be two or more students with the same name in the school. My advice is this:

Add the registration number or Code which you generated in a spreadsheet or a database record to the name of the student in Manager.
For Example, 10000895 John Doe

It is better to enter codes as part of the names of the student instead of entering the codes in the codes field as names can be the same for two people as stated earlier. This will make entry of data easier and get the name and number of student to appear on the invoice or bills.
This will not be appropriate for non-student customers.

1. It is not possible. How then could they enter details for the transaction?

Thanx @Abeiku. Your suggestion will really help.

Example of my second question is that, if Admin set Receipt Ref Number in form default to Auto, no User should be allowed to manually put it. I think it will be better. Thanks

Read the Guide about customer codes.

@Ahm I understand, it is an interesting topic but I hope you know this can only happen if the limited user has the privilege to edit transactions.

I agree that if a transaction type is set to generate automatic reference numbers, the reference numbers should never be changeable.

Even if reference numbers are generated manually, once created it should never be changeable as the documents may have left the organisation to other places with these references on them and the references even used in many correspondences and even in tax returns by other entities.

Therefore @lubos, I want to suggest that the reference fields be made non editable even for the system administrator once generated and an inaccessible field. It should be set up in settings (for every transaction type) and once it set up it should automatically generate numbers based on the preset number of digits. (e.g if payment reference is set for 11 digits 00000000001 will be the reference for the first payment or it could be configured to start with 10000000001).

Users who still want to manually enter reference numbers could deactivate it and use custom fields for their referencing (Iā€™m totally against the manual entry of references).
This is because, if you change a reference number you have in effect deleted a transaction. Transactions should never be deleted as references may have been used by other entities in their tax reports and other activities as said above. Transactions should rather be reversed with another entry.

In systems where the audit trail keeps track by gathering information on records with their reference numbers, a user could easily beat the system by editing the reference number. The edited transaction will be a new transaction.

1 Like

Thank you @Abeiku you really understand what I mean, I hope @lubos will equally understand and do the needful.