Custom report "Group By" Month

Is this possible at present? Just to expand a little, I pull perfectly from custom reports what is needed for a date range of one month. Now I set a date range for the same custom report but in this case a range of 3 months (the period I am interested in).
In the new 3 month date range custom report is it possible to “group by” month?
Currently what I need to do is generate a separate report for each month.
Any thoughts welcome.

1 Like

I already proposed it.

I think that clear date should have a sub drop down menu with:
a. Year
b. Semester
c. Quarter
d. Month

If nothing is selected it should work as it does.

PS: expert in a few minutes very complicated proposals with formulas for dates grouping. I understand that everything can be perfectible but my proposal can be implemented in few minutes while those formulas requires complicated programming.

OK cool, hope it gets pulled off… So currently not able to achieve … Cheers

:grinning:
The traditional problem is variations it what is considered a standard period between jurisdictions and individuals.

• When does your week start,
  • what are the date ranges for your quarters and which is the first
  • semesters and years have the same issues
  • etc

Custom reports supporting comparisons date ranges is a method of handling the variety of “standard” date ranges

I would also really support “Group By” to include a time period which e.g. could be either “month”, “quarter” or “year”. It would be a great addition and make Custom Reports useful in a lot of new situation.

I propose that the concern raised by “Patch” above could be resolved in a rather simply way, by using the start date in the “date range” of the overall report.

Basically, is the start date for this report for example is 1 Jan 2019, selecting group by “year” would mean that “year” follows the calendar year. Same for “quarter” and “month”. However if the start date of the overall report is, let’s say 15 March 2019, group by “year”, “quarter” and “month” will start from this date, meaning that “1st year” ends 14 March 2020, 1st quarter end 14 Jun 2019 and 1st month ends 14 April 2019.

I think that solution would meet most requirements.

I really support implementing this feature as well.