Custom Report Examples

I’m not at the computer right now. Can you show me more data by adding tax code, amount and tax on sales?

Btw why are you using TaxExclusiveSalesAmounts is more than zero?

Can you replace it with isAccountReceivable is not checked under General Ledger Account?

Sorry not at a PC right now… but I can pull perfect reports one entry per invoice for total on invoices which includes GST (15%) … as I attempted to show I want the same report per se excluding the GST tax on the invoice which is the invoice subtotal. This proves elusive to display on its own. The total magically appears in each instance as well.
For me pulling reports including tax amounts give a false sense of performance so I prefer seeing company performance without the government’s tax component in sales.

That’s the correct way to display an Invoice and its details. Just add where filters (instead of non inventory items) to choose the correct invoices. Exclude Tax on Sales if you don’t need them.

or this Custom Report Examples - #58 by MarV not even playing with GLA.
And once again this is why we need documentation.
image image
What is what ??? This is just an example.
Or Guides says

Select… allows you to choose the specific variables or elements to be included in the report. Each selection criteria line will become a column on the finished report. Their order can be adjusted by clicking and dragging on the double-ended arrows to the left of the lines.

And specific variables, elements, tables are ?

Not sure what version you are using but I’m on 20.8.45…Gives me net figures. I can filter further from there or use excel.

I’m with you for a guide. But I also think that most the table names and fields are self explanatory and, if not, just a little trial and error will get you to the right solution.

Purchase/Sales tax inclusive/exclusive are variables from the “Tax summary” which have been exposed. They were previously exposed via report transformations for report type tax summary.

A guide showing and expanded versions of the menu structure possibly with a brief description where applicable would be useful in my opinion.

I think, as a start, that an online help which generates automatically the fields map from the software would be very useful

OK gentlemen the thing that has help a lot is the use of “IsAccountsReceivable” I get the GST exclusive result which is great. The last step in the custom report is to suppress the line items and display only the Subtotal. Let me show you using a query on one invoice only, for example invoice 7613.

The Invoice 7613:

The Query:

The report result:
Ex_GST Custom Report1

Ideally I would like to achieve a subtotal amount per invoice (Without line items).
The Total GST inclusive amounts can be easily achieved and perfectly with one value per invoice but I am not able to do that for Subtotal in other words the excluding GST amount for each invoice.

I am sure someone has already done this and would appreciate the guidance.

Here is an old request met with a “No” so with the changes in custom reports maybe it has been implemented?

Custom Reports - Display Account / Group Totals Only

Group By Sales Invoice
Groups to Collapse

Absolutely perfect cheers Davide

I have closed this topic. At more than 70 posts, it has become unwieldy. Those who wish to continue the discussion should start new topics with more focused subjects.

1 Like