Custom Field Not Showing

I searched but could not find any references to my particular problem
Desktop version 24.1.19.1287
Win10
I have set up a number custom field -

It shows on the receipt -

However it doesn’t show in the column -

Any ideas?

Show Edit screens for both the field and the receipt. So far, we know almost nothing about this field. We can only guess about its behavior.

I wonder, though, why you would want to duplicate information at both the transaction and line item levels.

Because I want to enter it on the line and the cusom field cannot be displayed in the receipt tab unless it is included in the receipt level as well.
Which probably answers my question as I just realised that the field appears twice when entering a reciept, once as a line item and also at the bottom of the receipt entry screen (which was empty)

EMPTY FIELD DOH

That is what I suspected. Did filling in the field resolve your issue?

Yes, it did.
But I managed to get a ‘custom report’ using the ‘receipt-lines’ in the receipt tab and then doing an advanced search, thus negating the need for the 2nd custom field on the receipts and allowing me to use the ‘line custom field’ in a more precise manner.
A lot of mucking around but it works exceptionally well. It allows me to see in advance what transaction fees I can expect at the end of the month for all the daily POS card sales entered into manager on one receipt for the day.

1 Like