Hi - thanks for providing an awesome accounting package. We are moving off Reckon and would like to provide some customer and invoice history. I know, that this is not absolutely necessary but I’ve been able to succesfully create all our inventory items and customers using the “Batch Create” facility. I think it works perfectly in those scenarios for TSV files.
I’m now looking at “Sales Invoices” which has a similar “Create Batch” button, so I’ve thought that it is supported? Even though some posts indicate it is not? (why have the button there?). Anyway the “Copy to Clipboard” works and outputs the following and i’ve input as many fields as possible:
I’ve been able to import about 7K invoices in - however, all the customers are “Suspense” and the items are null but the descriptions and references are fine. I’ve tried many variations but I can’t get the customer/inventory in properly even though they are all there. Is there a chance you have a working “basic” example that I could try? Should I even bother - does this work at all?
Many thanks for your help. BTW if this does work it would be an incredibly easy way to get all the invoice history in - making conversion simple from Quickbooks and MYOB.
Thanks Patch, here is a working example - invoice comes in with correct refnumber however the account and customer are missing (Suspense) even though they are pre-created and there. Also the invoice totals are incorrect but have a value. I have put xxx in there for privacy reasons.
At a guess the customer and account are specified by UUID, which is a unique pointer (shown as hexadecimal string) to the actual customer or account.
For the account you should be able to export other records containing the account (as there shouldn’t be too many of them).
For customer you would have to create them all first, then find a report you can export, match your external records then import into Manager with UUID not text names of customers.
Aha - so UUID might be the key? You probably have guessed the next question in how I can report that? I’m happy to do a matching exercise and import using the customer UUID instead. In fact, for any other of the fields not being imported properly. I’m not after exact invoice line by line history, rather a summary of the invoice details - amount - issue dates due dates etc - maybe even a balance. I’m sure that’s what most people doing conversions would want - just as a lookup for historical purposes.
Your problems not to report the hexadecimal key, it is to find which key as been assigned to each account and customer.
When importing you just put the hexadecimal key data value in the account or customer field.
I’m using the desktop version so I’m not able to see the URL and have no way within the version to get the UUID. I have however, been able to extract the UUID using SQLite and this has worked as you mentioned. So now just a matter of writing some SQL to extract what I need and batching it up. Thanks very much for the UUID information as a new user this was not obvious at all.
The desktop version runs as a web server and browser just the same as other versions (it is just packaged together). The post I linked to works as does opening another window in another web browser. The API does however require the server version.
Oh silly me - I suspected it was running in a browser but your example showed port 50084 (which didn’t work) however when I clip the URL locally it is http://localhost:62644. I didn’t think to right click and confirm the browser underneath!
This will be much easier then writing SQLite queries. BTW there is a small typo in your answer, should be adding “.json” to the URL not “.jason”