Copy to clipboard not working on Ubuntu

Because browser clipboard standards have changed. A decision made outside of Manager

Please read all of the thread I linked. A solution is described in some detail and is not actually hard to do.

It is not a marketing gimmick. It is a reflection of the fact that computing standards are changing all the time and it takes time, skill, and money to keep up. NGSoftware has always been very clear about when the server edition is appropriate. In fact, at one time, discontinuation of the server edition was a real possibility because so few users have the necessary resources to run it successfully. You might notice on the web site that the server edition is not very prominently displayed, because it is not appropriate for very many potential users. There is a reason the server edition has a lower annual cost: it takes further investment to run successfully.

1 Like

Can you test the latest version (21.4.51) whether clipboard issue on Ubuntu has been resolved?

Sorry, but can you show us evidence that the Server edition is hardly used? Do you have “sales” figures that support that claim? I also think it is an absolute overstatement of how “difficult” it is to use and maintain a Server Version. So far I have not provided details on what people can do inclusive of setting it up, updating it, etc, but the scripts are simple and there are plenty of affordable VPS that can serve people’s needs. So, when something does not work or stops working in any of the versions be it Desktop, Cloud and Server it is this Forum where we raise these issues, especially as we are all advised this is the first place to go for support. So I do not understand this response and hope we learn from you.

For users with server management, public facing internet service, and IT skills, then Manager is easy to use.

For user without these skills it may appear to be a cheaper option but that is mostly because they do not know what they don’t know and have not need to recover from a fault or data breach yet.

I actually do not think that maintaining a Server Edition is cheaper. That should never be the motive and I think that the Cloud version is a good deal for those that do not want to be bothered. If anything Server may be more expensive. However, there are key advantages. Data security is within control of the company more than having it hosted. No-one can tell how access to company accounts is restricted in the Cloud version and the operation is based on trust that Manager.io will not breach such. The world is wicked though and as mentioned it is really not hard to maintain your own VPS wit Manager installed. Eventually it is all a matter of choice. I disagree that many that chose for Server edition are naive in not appreciating recovery from data breaches. The question here is how sure can you be that the Manager Cloud Server will not be breached? The more disributed the better as far as cyber-security is concerned.

People’s IT skills are revealed by the type of questions asked and complaints made. My assessment is the majority of questions / complaints about the server version indicates the user should not be using the server version.

You are correct in-house server control can achieve better data security as access can be more tightly controlled and custom backup / update policy can implemented. However achieving that gain requires IT skills sufficient to also implement all the IT services provided by the cloud version. Most users do not have such skills.

I never said the Server edition is hardly used, @eko. Please do not distort my comments. Read my post #22 again. In it, I said two things you seem to have misconstrued, both of which are very different from your misrepresentation of my post:

• “…discontinuation of the server edition was a real possibility because so few users have the necessary resources to run it successfully.”
  • “…the server edition is not very prominently displayed, because it is not appropriate for very many potential users.”

Both points reflect views publicly expressed by the developer.

Mmm, I do not see that many questions and complaints about the server edition and installation. They were there for a short while last year when the method of installing SSL certificates as part of the server installation instructions was no longer valid and caused problems. I agree that you need some IT awareness and skills but that counts for desktop versions as well. After @Lubos put the new server install instructions online, the number of support requests mainly stopped and are more related similar to Desktopa and Cloud to changes in Manager (versions) and how it affects their operations and accounts.

Why u people are fighting, fix already provided to use the software in browser like Firefox or anything