Connection to another database/system

Hi!

We are planning to acquire the Server Edition. Currently, we have a customer-based system that holds the data for our customers.

1. Can we get the source code to customize it after we purchased Manager?
  2. What language and database were used?

For example, there will be a data in the Customers tab (Manager). Adding a Custom field with our own unique customer number. Then, we will add a hyperlink via customization, connecting to our current web-based system. Then the user can view details of the customer’s information including past payments and remarks on that customer.

Is this possible?

The functionality of the server edition is essentially the same as the free desktop version (other than multi user access)

So install the desktop version and see if that achieves the functionality you need.

Manager is a commercial product. No you can’t have the source code.

It is customisable, see

1 Like

manager is not a open source software.
so , you will not get Any Code of manager.
if you want to modify anything try to use extensions.

for front end it is JavaScript.
for backend no one knows except @lubos
database is sqlite as far as i know

try to use manager Api for this purpose.

1 Like

I think that all code is developed with asp.net. As @Omnipotent.inc already mentioned the database is SQLite and Manager is under a so called Proprietary License. This means that all rights are reserved, and that the work may not be modified or redistributed without permission.

1 Like

thank you! I understand now the licensing and rights for Manager.

thank you! We will test this out for 7 days

Thank you! Is there a way we can go inside the database? I see threads that @lubos asked to run the query SELECT * FROM

Yes and no.

Yes
Manager provides multiple low level access method. That is what the batch operations, custom reports, custom themes, API all use. I have edited my earlier post to include the first line information source for each

No
You do not have access to the programming environment used by NG Software.

Hi Francis. Manager is written in Mono, is closed source and stores data in SQLite but not in a normalised way.

To anwer your questions… you cannot customise the source code and you cannot access directly the database through SQL.

However you can however manage your data via JSON APIs.