Connect Bank Accounts - transactions automatically imported

Perhaps in your country. In many, they are not available. In fact, in quite a few, downloaded statements are not even available.

Can you make it available for those who want to pay extra for this facility?

Is there a standard all these major banks follow?

Dear @Sunny

Please give feedback on the last post of @lubos:

Blockquote [quote=ā€œSunny, post:21, topic:11715ā€]
direct bank feeds are available now from all major banks without a third party like Yodlee
[/quote]

Is there a standard all these major banks follow?> Blockquote

No, there is no worldwide standard

No idea regarding any standards. I have been using a cloud version of Manager for more than five years now in Australia. My experience has been great till now but there are two major shortcomings in this software as I am a MAC user. (1) Non availability of direct bank feeds - I feel it can be managed by you especially for paid clients. It is a real pain to download the statements manually every other day to keep a track of the payments.I am ready to pay more if I get that facility. (2) Non availability of STP - you can integrate it with free softwares like Payroller which are so easy to work with. I can stay with Manager forever, if you can offer Direct Bank feeds for easy customer usability. Thanks.

Just thought I will add this to the mix. ANZ Bank in New Zealand offer connection to the following ā€œout of the boxā€. Maybe be similar to AU as it is a Australian owned bank?

Dear @lubos

Do you perhaps have a solution to the error message I receive when trying to use Web Macro Player or is there another option to use?

Thanking you

1. This should be in a new topic
  2. No one can help if all you can say is I have a problem, can you help?

You need to say what version you are using, what you are trying to do and show screen images of the error you are getting

@Meester I didnā€™t have time to maintain this project so I pulled it out. As a replacement, https://www.apify.com is very good. But itā€™s cloud hosted so there could be security concern although if your bank offers read-only credentials, then using cloud hosted scrapping tool could work fine.

But I still think developing your own bank scrapping script is high-effort solution.

The best approach is to implement support for standards such as open banking. I will be looking into this again sometime next month.

2 Likes

Currently the Commonwealth Bank of Australia only offer bank feeds to Xero and MYOB

I like how you think, having this as part of manager because it would be an additional cost with 0 benefit for users who donā€™t want this feature.

Maybe if you provide some kind of way to have this as an add-on and not as an integral part.

Whatā€™s even better is to give users a built-in tool to write their own macros in a native console and have add-ons be ready made macros. That would be sweet :kissing_heart::ok_hand:

I created a set of two tools based on CBI (https://www.cbiglobe.com). I get both the bank balances and Receipts and Payments. However I had to use my main bank to get the records I need.

1. My main bank (SS) is connected to CBI (I currently manage something like 20 bank accounts in my business),
  2. SS gets all I need and generates an excel file that through a plugin is saved automatically on my server.
  3. I open a different excel file that it is connected to my bank excel file and that do all the reclassification Manager needs for batch creation
  4. I make a backup of my business and I batch create everything.

This together with the other tool for automatic creation of all the accountings for loan amortization calculations saves me two/three days of work each month and also grants my company from a lot of possible errors due to manual data entry.

Getting back to this topicā€¦

i have been a user of the desktop version fro a few years now, then I moved to Cloud paid version earlier this yearā€¦

For me the only missing feature is the ability to sync my bank and credit card transactions automaticallyā€¦ I can do that for free on Wave for years I am sure they kept it free and off set the cost of such feature with their other paid features like payment processingā€¦

Iā€™ve been trying to use Manager for one US based Business but keeping up with bank transactions is a major drawback when compared to other tools out there (Paid and free) like Wave, Xero, Quickbooksā€¦

(automatic bank feed is the only reason I use Wave for my US business, since Manager is much better in almost any other category but integrationsā€¦)

@lubos is there a way you can consider adding this feature to Manager? (it can be via a 3rd party provider like plaid (for Us banks) it can be added as an add-on feature of the cloud version I donā€™t mind paying for that featureā€¦ and I am sure this will open a hole new market of paying clients for manager maybe that new stream of paying clients help offset the cost of the 3rd party bank feedā€¦

1 Like