Cloud version Update

Dear All,
How do you do the Cloud version update? We are missing critical features even though access manager through the Cloud.

Kind regards

Ernest

The cloud edition is updated automatically. What features do you think you are missing, and why do you think you are missing them? Can you illustrate with screenshots?

Thanks for the reply.
We cannot see the withholding tax feature in the purchase invoice on our system.

Ernest

I do not believe that it is a cloud version.
Given “Learn how to” note, I think that it is a desktop edition, and maybe an old one.

2 Likes

I concur with @evans. What version number shows at the bottom of your window?

Dear All,
We access the manager.oi through internet and the version is 20.2.85. We started using it in 2020.

Kind regards
ernest

You are not using the Cloud version

It could be a Server version or Desktop

You are using a version that probably a few 000’s versions out of date. The program has changed a lot since 2020, so a lot of the guides will not make any sense

Dear All,
Ok. Thanks. Can i just update with the latest version to get all the upgrade?

Regards
Ernest

Yes, but make sure yu have a backup before upgrading, in case something goes wrong.

It still isn’t clear what edition you are using - you say you access via the internet but the Desktop does not use the internet.
The Server version may do but then your IT support would be required to upgrade

Yes, I can only access the manager.oi via internet. It could be is on our server not cloud based. I will check with our IT team.

KR
Ernest

Is it possible to move toc cloud based if we find out that what we are uisng is desktop/server version without losing our information?

Kind regards
Ernest

Yes, the business file can be imported into the cloud edition. See https://www.manager.io/compare/

If I want to upgrade to cloud edition in future, can I import my data?

Yes. Manager data is cross-compatible across all editions. We have a helpful guide which explains how to make backup in desktop edition and restore in cloud edition.

You can also update the Server Edition.

Dear All,

I am performing the upgrade however the system is requesting for a licence key. Where can I find my original licence key?

Kind regards

Ernest

So you were not using Cloud edition but Server Edition and an old version for that matter. Read https://www.manager.io/server/ specifically:

Server license is a one-time purchase and entitle you to perpetual use. The first 12 months of maintenance - product updates and support - are included free.

So after the first 12 months you have to pay a maintenance fee for product updates and support for the next 12 months.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Include order number on sales invoice