Changing Net Profit/(Loss) to Surplus/(Deficit)

Kindly help me on how we can change Net Profit/(Loss) to Surplus/(Deficit)
For those of us in Non-trading organizations.

1 Like

Not possible
You could export the report to Excel, for example, and change the text there

If you mean the text that is easy. just go to Settings → Chart of Account and edit the name

The text on the total at the bottom is Net Profit or Net Loss and does not appear in the Chart of Accounts and so cannot be changed

Same applies to the Profit & Loss report - you can change the heading/title but not the text of the last line

You are right, only in the Balance Sheet can you change the name of retained earnings.

Oh, so bad.
There is a way Excel changes the outlook of the report. The system designs are very good. So i wish it was done internally so that it appears automatically.

Go to settings → Chart of Accounts → New Total.
Name the New Total “Surplus/(Deficit)”
Then move it to the end of the list.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant - I learn something new everyday :slight_smile:

Yeah, creating new total and making it last will solve this issue but I agree it’s not something that can be easily discovered.

I think there should be a total at the end which users can simply rename. I will put this topic to Ideas even though there is solution but seems like hardly anyone knows it.

5 Likes

True Lubos

Actually I have been doing this for years as I have several Non-profits as clients, but you are right, setup Manager like this is not intuitive so I have saved a blank chart of account setup as a template so every time my staff need up Manager for a new client, we just import this and save time retraining this to the staff too.

Improved in the latest version (24.3.28)

The chart of accounts will now always show the last built-in total which can be renamed. This avoids need to create custom total and placing it at the end which was less intuitive.

9 Likes

Thank you so much. This will help us in this matter and thanks for being flexible to adjust to our demands.