Changing accounts and tax codes on invoices

Hello all,

I found a bug in software. As you do invoicing; when you change the income account, the defined tax rate box is not being removed. When you delete income account that would be removed automatically by itself.

That may cause to wrong records

Thank you.

what version are you using?
can you explain better with some screenshots?

Manager 17.10.29 on macbook.

Click on sales invoice then to new invoice. Then select a income account with a defined tax box. Then when you change the income account on sale invoice you gonna see the defined tax box will not be removed. If still may not find I can send ss

Thanks,

why do you think this is a bug? when you make a wrong entry you should correct it, Manager does not know what you are intending to do. if you change the account, you should change the tax too. else delete the whole row.

I think it’s a bug because If the defined tax box comes out automatically when I click the income account, that should be removed as well when I change or delete the account into an income account that has undefined tax box. These both need to work together.

@sharpdrivetek is correct. Accounts and tax codes are independent inputs for line items. One can always be changed without affecting the other. When a predetermined tax code is assigned, such as through the definition of an inventory or non-inventory item, this is only a time-saving measure. It keeps you from having to enter the tax code every time. But the tax code can always be edited. So Manager ever assumes it knows what you want to do after you enter data.

This behavior is common to all aspects of the program. For example, you can edit a description, then delete the inventory item itself. The description will remain. The purpose of this behavior is to preserve information that may have been difficult to enter. Imagine that you had to look up supporting information for a line item, then discovered you had entered the wrong item code. If everything about the item was deleted, you would need to re-enter your special information. The way things are designed, you only need to correct the item code.

The same is true of tax codes. Suppose you need to charge different tax rates based on the customer’s location. Your inventory item definitions may include a standard tax code. But once you have looked up the regulations for how to treat a customer outside your jurisdiction and entered the appropriate code, you would not want to re-enter it because you edited some other aspect of the line item.

Thanks for the explanations above