Cant get rid of 'Total in words' from custom field

Hai ppl.

1. I can’t get rid of ‘Total in words’. I’m trying to place my custom fields somewhere between the company details and the table. The code I worked on goes like this…

<table> <tr>

<td style="width: 260px; padding-left: 20px;>
             {% for field in custom_fields %}
     {% if field.label == "Total_in_words" %}{% continue %}{% endif %}
             <div style="font-size: 12px; padding-bottom: 00px"><b>{{ field.label }}</b> 		     {{ field.text | newline_to_br }}</div>
             {% if field.label == "Notes" %}{% continue %}{% endif %}
             <div style="font-size: 12px; padding-bottom: 10px"><b>{{ field.label }}</b> 		     {{ field.text | newline_to_br }}</div>
             {% endfor %}
      </td>

</tr></table>    

which generates this…

with the ‘Total in words’ on top of my custom fields… having the custom field in between the business details and the tabulation, it would be an odd place to have it there.

Yes, I tried to delete “{% if field.label == “Total_in_words” %}{% continue %}{% endif %}” it brought in the notes…

It would be nice if someone could help as the link to list of variables is not working on manager.io

1. also I’m looking to move some of the custom fields to the right so I could make it look neat & aligned. It would be nice if someone can guide me through breaking up of custom fields (in general) into naming them as specific fields as I could use , to align them that way on my own.

regards

the field label in a custom field is exactly represented by its variable name.
for example,
it is {% if field.label == 'Total in words' %}
and not {% if field.label == “Total_in_words” %}

you can get all the custom fields by their headings like above.

Sweet!
Thanks for the quick save SharpDrive. That thing made me go nuts.

Bud. I’m trying to break the custom fields but I get liquid error, It would be nice if you could show me an example with any one of my above fields… also does positioning custom field while I created it over ride the code or does the later over-ride the former?

That depends on what you mean by “positioning.” The Position field in a custom field’s definition controls only the order of presentation. It has nothing to do directly with physical position on the finished document.

okay got it.
can you please demonstrate how I could split 8 custom fields into 2 columns of 4 fields in each?
I’m still breaking my head with this… this is the final part.

This is not a coding forum. If you don’t personally have the knowledge to program the theme you want, hire someone locally.

I’ve done it myself. Thanks for your time ppl.

example: This is a code to place a default field “invoice number” & “Request Number” right next to each other in a box.

code:

<table>
<body align="center"> <tr>
            <td style="width:40%;position:relative; text-align: center; border-color: #000000; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-top-width: 2px; border-left-width: 2px; border-right-width: 2px">
            {% for field in fields %}
            {% if (field.label != 'Invoice number') %}{% continue %}{% endif %}
            <div style="font-weight: bold">{{ field.label }}</div>
            <div style="margin-bottom: 10px">{{ field.text }}</div>
            {% endfor %}</td>
            <td style="width:40%;position:relative; text-align: center; border-color: #000000; border-bottom-width: 2px; border-top-width: 2px; border-right-width: 2px">
            {% for field in custom_fields %}
            {% if field.label == "Request Number" %}
            <div style="font-weight: bold">{{ field.label }}</div>
            <div style="margin-bottom: 10px">{{ field.text }}</div>
            {% endif %}{% endfor %}
            </td>
        </tr> </body> </table>

Note: pay attention to usage of the code " {% for field in fields %} " for default fields & the code " {% for field in custom_fields %} " for custom fields.