Can we add variable in description

can we add variable in description e.g recurring invoices can print current date in description automatically.
Actually I have to edit each recurring inv just to change billing month in description.

1 Like

@salman, your question was moved to the public forum. Please do not send general questions like this as personal messages to moderators.

To answer your question, recurring transactions already use the current date when they are issued.

Thanks @Tut My question was mentioning date in description?

Is there any variable available?
Current date is on date portion while I need it in description.

The simple answer is No and I am not sure what your proposed use-case is.

I think salman has a very valid request, to be able to update the description with say the new billing month detail for new reoccurring invoices. We too have a situation in just 5 entities we control where we having to go and change for example “Services for the month of XYZ 2023” in part of the description before the new reoccurring invoices can be emailed.

• The draw back for us is that it would look ugly in say the Invoice Tab were all descriptions are listed.
  • eko How is this ability abuse?
2 Likes

If this could be implemented it would be a plus to the App.

1 Like

As the recurrence interval can take different values, how would the variable be calculated?

In your case, monthly recurring, the date of the invoice is sufficient to identify the invoice

@Tut I have to generate recurring invoices for monthly services.
Currently while generating monthly recurring invoices its not one click generation of invoices for me. I have to edit description of each inv then I click on batch create.
It would be great if description may have current month printed e.g "service for the {month variable to get from inv date} "
Thanks

There are no variables possible.