CAMT.053 instead of MT.940

ASN bank (which is part of SNS bank so I presume the whole SNS group wil make this change).

I more or less have the same issue.
Im not the expert on digital bank statements, but it seems like the CAMT file format is an updated and more standardised version of MT940

Any luck with implementing the CAMT.53 uniform transaction file format?.
Unfortunately, my bank now only provides pdf, csv and camt53 files, so im really looking forward to an import feature in Manager.

Anyone can import CSV but you need to ensure it is formatted to Manager import format.Our businesses only use CSV and they have different banks and countries but we are happy how it works for us.

@eko How do I make a CSV file in the manager format? When I try to import an exported CSV file from my bank, I get an error message that it is not in the right format.

Hugely looking forward to the moment when CAMT format becomes available in Manager.

There are already several posts about this on the forum, the most recent one being this one in which the corresponding Guide is mentioned. Did you read it?

1 Like

@Mark Thx!

You’re welcome but that’s the advantage of the forum’s great search function and of having well written guides. :wink:

BTW, I would delete the link to that commercial software as it may be considered as Spam but the Mods will eventually delete it if they think so. And the steps in the Guide are easy to follow so you don’t need any external software.

Hello,

Since the 15 july my bank has closed down the export of MT.940. The only option now (besides csv, wihich i find dificult to use) is CAMT.053. Is there any progress in adding this format to the import formats of Manager. I would be very glad if it was…

Thnx,

Hans

Added to the latest version (22.8.23.327)

However, the implementation is based on a single sample file I’ve received. I’m not familiar with the format. Please test import function within sample business file (not on your real one). If your file does not import properly, please send it to me to lubos@manager.io with explanation what went wrong and I will take it from there.

Hi Lubos,
I just installed version 22.8.23.321 and I tried to import a camt.053 file. The message I get is: The file you’re trying to import is invalid. By PM I will send you the file I have, which is from the RABO-bank, one of the biggest banks in the Netherlands…

I just updated to version 329 and I still get the same message.

@Hennie maybe you should send an email to lubos@manager.io with a sample file as he indicated that the implementation is based on a single sample file he received only.

In my post I wrote that is was going to send him by Personal Message the file I have, which I already did.

Could it be that is just a matter of recognizing the file extension? In my case I have the same error but the file extension is xml. That type of file extension is not in the list of possible file extension whithin File Manager.

I think that is something to be resolved by the developper when a new format is added to the list of supported formats.

Yeah. Extension is the first issue but that’s easily solved. I can add xml extension to the list.

The bigger issue is that these exports can contain transactions for multiple bank accounts. I find this super convenient. But this means I will need to add new built-in field IBAN so when importing, Manager can correctly split the bank transactions in that file across all bank accounts.

I’m running v 22.8.30.345 and I can confirm that a CAMT.053 file from the Dutch bank Rabobank produces an error: “The file you are trying to import is invalid”.

Here is a link to their CAMT.053 specsheet (PDF).

It’s based on the “XML message for Bank to Customer Statement (camt.053) Implementation Guidelines for the Netherlands (PDF)

I have been using the MT940 Structured files up till now but they have never really work correctly.
A sample of the description looks like this:

• /TRCD/003/BENM//NAME/BACHE RENE MONACO MCO/REMI/Betaalautomaat 10 00 pasnr. 124 Apple Pay NONREF
  • /TRCD/003/BENM//NAME/CHRISTIAN.DIOR MONACO MCO/REMI/Betaalautomaa t 18:27 pasnr. 124 Apple Pay NONREF
  • /TRCD/003/BENM//NAME/EXPL HOTEL SBM MONACO MCO/REMI/Betaalautomaa t 20:07 pasnr. 124 Apple Pay NONREF

It’s good enough for the bank rules to work but it’s not pretty :slight_smile:

Slight off-topic

For PayPal I’m downloading the CSV files but I have to heavenly modify them to be able to import them (at least I think so).
I presume there might be many people exporting from PayPal so it would be amazing if these files could be imported without having to work on them, but I might be wrong.

Hello, in my case (ASN bank) i didn’t get a error message. Alle the transactions were imported, but - the import does not detect that I already imported some payments on the start import date…

• alle the amounts are wrong, instead of 17,50 it says 1750,–

Can some help?

I found out that when the xml code says:
<Amt Ccy**=** “EUR”> 15****

DBIT****

it is imported as 15,00 euro’s; which is right,

but there was another transfer which says:

<TtlAmt Ccy="EUR">14.44</TtlAmt>
                    <CdtDbtInd>DBIT</CdtDbtInd>
                </Btch>

and this is imported as 1444,00 euro’s; which is wrong.

So there is something wrong with the dot “.” , maybe it has to be a comma “,”