Budgeting for savings

Hello everyone! It’s my first post here. I am using manager.io for personal finances, which I know is overkill, but I enjoy it since I’m majoring in accounting. Anyways, is there a way to budget for savings or budgeting an inter-account transfer? Any help would be appreciated!

In the search box at Guides | Manager type Budget.

Also maintain awareness of the fact that budgeting involves looking forward. Accounting is about looking backwards. Manager won’t prepare a budget for you. You can enter an existing budget for comparison with actual results.

When I searched in the budgets tab there only options for income and expense accounts. How would you recommend doing this then? Thanks for the heads up @Tut!

I think you miss some basic accounting knowledge, as this is supposed to be. You are advised to consult What is a budget? | AccountingCoach

I am not sure if this is relevant, but I think this concept is what you are asking about albeit for savings.

1 Like

@eko has recommended that you read the Guide relating to Budgets and I would recommend that you also read the Guide relating to Forecasts.

Thanks everyone! I will look into everything!