DESKTOP EDITION CLOUD EDITION SERVER EDITION GUIDES FORUM

Batch Update Limitation in Receipt and Payment tab

@lubos. I have like 200++ line of data need to be update. In reference I decide it to use non unique sequence numbering similar to manager’s default auto numbering. which made me realize the limit that it can update up to 108 line items as per bulk update view. no gap of sequence number. So key column might not be the issue.

When I try to continue update by sequence number 109 of reference including header column as per the format. unable to update it just do nothing.

I try again bulk update by copy everything I edit again. it still only update upto 108 lines the rest just not capture. as if the rest payment and receipt just not exist within manager. I check again within the tab of receipt and payment the uncapture data still there didn’t change, it mixed with the captured updated data of 108 line items.

using version 18.9.41

I have the backup pre update, the spreadsheet data I edit to be updated via bulk update, and post- update data. Can compare.

I have also experienced some similar (perhaps not identical) problems when using Batch Update. For me, after several attempts, everything updated. I have no explanation. But what you might try is updating in batches of 100, since 108 works. Either copy the existing data selectively before pasting into a spreadsheet or delete all but 100 rows in the spreadsheet. Then paste the 100 rows back. As long as you have all the hexadecimal keys in place, Manager knows what to do with the data being pasted. And other data is not disturbed.

Of course, always perform a backup before doing any batch operations, just in case of trouble.

I tried again the same as you suggested @tut it did nothing no error or whatsoever. I start from 109 to 130 plus with the column header.

Another what I did to confirm the issue may not be the 100 line item issue I delete all of the reference number and update. and it capture it well all of it.

Ok I narrowed down the cause.

When you edit anything to do with the reference column or did not edit anything it captures it well all of it. but when you edit the custom field for example in my case I add extra document associate reference number and another custom field for description. Manager did nothing.

Also When I delete the custom field data, it accepts the changes, but to add the in custom field it refused. @lubos

WOW, it works. @Tut I don’t know the details of what is happening. what I did

Whenever I updated until 108. This time I delete all the data up to 108 without deleting the rows (excel) so there is the gap between headers and row from 109. Update again with the rest of data. it just update without problems.