Average Costing is not correct

Based Currency and Purchasing Currency are not same, there was freight charges

Version : 22.1.52

Purchase Price were same, but average costing were not same when we used foreign currency.
Purhcase Price 3.99 Euro
Average Cost 12609.75 vs 12634.14 (same purchase invoice, just bought, no others transactions yet)

There’s no way for another user to assess whether the costing is correct from this single screenshot.

Guide use through the steps you have taken to reach your conclusion. Also provide screenshots every step of the way.

It is not clear what you are showing as you only post some of the screen

You need to show the exchange rates

Purchase

t1

t2

exchange rate

Based Currency is MMK
Foreign Currency is Euro
excel calculation

You need to show ALL of the screen - for example there hs no date shown. It would be better to show the edit screen not the view screen

And show all of the exchange rates not just one

I presume you mean Base Currency not Based Currency

I send you PM

You should post the screen images here - the forum is meant to be public so that other users can help and learn.

1 Like

You have shown what I presume to be Purchase Invoice but the quanities do not add up to the quanity you show on your first post

The average cost is correct, but you do not understand how Manager calculates the cost

The process is explained in the Freight Cost guide

The average cost is the result of all previous purchases and sales, so you need to look at the full history of the inventory item from the first purchase

As others say that is not how it works with Manager forum. There are many users that could help you. Most of us like @Joe91 will not help until you post it here in the forum.

Whatever your first post shows it is not from Manager

The average costs calculated by Manager (21,320 and 21,310 ) are exactly what they should be, bearing in mind minor rounding differences introduced by the use of the exhange rate 1 MMK = 0.0005 euro

Item Qty Price Product Cost Freight Cost Cost in Euro Cost in MMK Average Cost
T1 1 3.99 3.99 6.67 10.66 21,320.00 21,320.00
T1 2 3.99 7.98 13.33 21.31 42,620.00 21,310.00
Sub-total 11.97 20.00
Freight 20.00

I consider this topic closed unless you want to show full screen images that prove otherwise