Automatic production orders for insufficient items quantity

I am using the program for stationery shop
i am facing many issues about production orders
i am using many codes for stationery services,
so i am using different codes for final product like (normal printing, color printing, duplex printing, color duplex printing, copying and etc …)
so that i have many inventory items with same style and i am facing an issue to create manual production order for each code,
plus i don’t want to use non-stock items because of inventory report doesn’t show the quantity that i sold for a period,
so please anyone have any idea to have automatic production orders for any items will be insufficient quantity especially if i have the raw material that i am using make the production order.
Regards

1 Like

There is no way to do that.

1 Like

Actually the new implementation of inventory items that I’m working on will make Production Orders more straightforward so insufficient quantity or production stages won’t be an issue since new inventory item implementation does not insist on calculating inventory costing upon every transaction. This will greatly simplify everything.

Also it will allow production orders to produce multiple different items at once.

3 Likes

Thanks Mr. Lubos, that will be a great update to be added to your awesome program.
I hope to see a mobile application for that wonderful accounting program soon. and can import data from the backup file of PC version.

1 Like

@Fady_Saad, you can already do what you describe from any internet-capable device if using the cloud edition. The desktop edition (being free) allows no internet connection.

It’s a small thing but please make sure that when I do a production order for 3 items (as listed at the top for quantity) that it can automatically put in 3x the items that are part of the finished product. It should be simple for you and it’s a pain to have to manually put in “3*” in every single item line in the product to get a correct production order. (Hope that made sense.)
THANKS!

It doesn’t as Manager would not have any intelligence and related automation. So just keep telling it what to do, i.e. put 3*

When creating a sales invoice, Manager seems to have the ‘intelligence and related automation’ to take a quantity I type in for an item and multiply it by the single item price in the system to create a line total.

If Manager can’t do the math necessary by itself, it would be ‘easier’ and certainly easier to spot errors then if the production order had a blank field at the beginning of each line item that could have that same number from the top manually entered into each line. It would be much easier to spot if something was wrong or mistyped and, like in the invoices, Manager could just do the simple math to carry those line items out, yes?

Generally, in other programs I’ve worked with, you created a production template for 1 item and then asked the program to make 3 of them (or whatever number you wanted). I’ve always thought Manager was really good at handling all kinds of things. I didn’t realize that there was just no way to pull this off in the underlying engine used.

Correct you typed 3* yourself.

@KrisK, your request is already in ideas and has been for years.

I didn’t realize it was such a major issue and, basically, not doable.

Sorry to have bothered everyone.

But it is doable. It just hasn’t been implemented. But the developer seems to suggest it will happen as changes to inventory management play out. For one thing:

and he has previously discussed the concept of bills of material being multiplied by quantity of finished goods.

That’s what I was hoping and just wanted to add a note to lubos to that effect. eko’s response seemed to state that it would never happen. Glad to know it’s a possibility!
Thanks.

Sorry but I did not. I explained the status quo.