API, Multi-currencies, cloud edition

I’m interested in using your finances platform but we’ve some questions ,

Does your platform have an API? we’re online service and we want to add the transactions programmatic with HTTP requests .

Does your platform support multi currencies?

Does the desktop version in sync with the web version?

If you do a search for API you will get a whole bunch of related topics.
Yes, the program handles multiple currencies.
No, the desktop edition is stand alone and only gets updated by the user, whereas the cloud edition is always the latest version

Thanks Brucanna ,

I Already searched for API before opening this question … and I didn’t get a clear answer or a documentation for how can i send data to the platform

There is no documentation for API but API is sort of self-explanatory. Here is one of those topics on API.

I’m still planning some breaking changes, then documentation will be written.

Any news on documentation of the API please? You say that it’s self-explanatory but I have no idea what endpoints to call, how to authenticate, etc. (apart from the example script by @procsum). Also I can’t find anything about API keys in the Settings tab, is there support for them? Thank you!

Hi Chris,

No API key is required. Use ‘administrator’ login to authenticate.

Can provide more info later.

Sorry, was in a bit of a rush last night but thought I’d give you something to get started investigating for yourself.

No official documentation exists yet - it’s still in development. However, it’s definitely useful in it’s current state, and I’d agree that it’s self-explanatory. It’s a REST API.

Visit the following endpoint in your web browser: https://<domain-name>/api, and you will see a list of businesses.

In my example, I have the ‘Northwind’ sample database only, and it appears like this:

53 PM

Most (possibly all) endpoints have an index.json that you can use to retrieve a list of labels for each record ID. For example:

56 PM

I recommend creating or importing a business, and adding some records, via the normal Manager user interface. Once you’ve done that, open up the API in your web browser and you should be able to navigate through the data and get an idea of what the JSON looks like.

You should be able to submit GET / POST / PUT requests on almost anything. I haven’t done much testing around this yet, but I recall reading somewhere that it was possible.

Once you know what the JSON looks like, and you’ve retrieved an endpoint URL from your browser’s address bar, you’ve got the basics to then use the API programmatically.

The index.json files allow you to navigate based on object names (e.g. the name of a business and customer), because they map the name to an ID.

By visiting the /api route in your web browser, you’ll be prompted for a username and password. At the moment only the ‘administrator’ user can authenticate, and you use the same password that is entered when signing in via the UI.

There is no concept of an API key at the moment.

I’d personally like to write a detailed post about the API once I’ve played around with it some more myself, because I’m hoping to find some time soon to really dig into it and start using it for my own business. That way, people have a place to get started while waiting on the official docs.

In the meantime, you can ask here.