API for Manager Desktop

Does the API currently work Manager Desktop? There is no specific example at Free Accounting Software | Manager for the desktop version. I tried using the server version example but got an error “Unable to connect to remote server”. I then tried downloading the trial server version and got a different error “The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized”.

1 Like

Technically it would be possible to support desktop edition too. But right now desktop edition is not supported. Ask again in about month.

For the time being, you can run free trial of server edition which allows for API access.

Thanks for your response. It worked with the server version once I added the api user.
Do you have any more api code examples? Specifically adding a Sales Invoice.

Hi, is there any update on using the API with the desktop edition? Thanks!

Currently API authentication is relying on user passwords but desktop edition doesn’t support users. Eventually this will change and Manager will have some concept of API keys instead.

For now, you can use free trial of server edition to use API.

Is the API available on the desktop version?

No.

Thanks for confirming.

Previously I was able to use the api on the desktop edition with locahost:56…/api user: administrator pass: empty.

Recently this has changed. Is this correct?

As per Lubos’ post here Unable to login to API after update - #13 by lubos, the API still works fine with the free desktop edition but without a way to set administrator password.

To set a password, use the workaround suggested by Lubos:

• Get the trial server appimage from here
    Releases · Manager-io/Manager.AppImage · GitHub
  • Run the appimage,which starts the server
  • Open a Manager instance on the server at localhost:8080
  • Set an administrator password
  • Desktop edition API should then work using the same password (password file was created in your database folder)

Ah ok… that works. You need to copy the password file. Thanks.

As a side note, I had to allow the unsigned dlls etc from the ManagerServer before being able to run it xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine *

Everything’s working thank you

What does the password file look like? Is it an htpasswd file?