API File Attachment Upload

Hi All,

Since the new API implementation, this has… broken most of the automation we had in place. I am now stuck with trying to work out how to Upload an attachment through Python for this, previously this worked - API and File Attachments but since API changes, it sadly decided to not work anymore, anyone know how we can upload attachments again?

I have been through the API and it has a POST option with the following data
{
“Date”: “0001-01-01”,
“Name”: null,
“ContentType”: null,
“Size”: 0,
“Object”: null
}

But where do I put the Base64 Encoded File Data?

1 Like

Uploading attachment through API was actually never supported. The topic shows workaround through user facing URL endpoints but these have changed a few months ago.

For your integration less likely to break in the future, attachment upload will need to be supported by API directly.

Hi Lubos,

Thanks for the response, just a few questions on this one:

1. What is the timeframe to allow Attachements Uploaded through API
  2. If it’s going to be a fair while, how does one encode the new URL endpoint format? or
  3. Which version would we need to downgrade back to, to fix this regression?

Hi Team,

Any response on the above questions?

Thanks

If there is a response, it will be posted here

So, No

Hi Team,

Just wondering if this was on the roadmap, the ability to do fileuploads via API?
If not how much of a extra donation above the yearly server subscription pricing would it cost to have this expedited?

Donations are not accepted. Development is never customized for a user. Progress is at the developer’s pace and discretion.

FYI, I have updated the Python module for Manager API to allow attaching files to objects. As before, it is not an officially supported API function, but it is working (same basic idea/method as before, but now with the protobuf URL encoding).

If you are not using Python, then you could use the source to translate into your programming language of choice.

Thanks isotherm,

Yes we are using Python as we are using Django Framework with this.
I might fork your project and upstream any changes / features we add / enchance for you also.