Active and inactive products display

Dear Sir,
Can you please add the column Active/ Inactive to the inventory items displayed columns?
most of the time we need to see only the active products and we don’t have an option for that, so if it is added to displayed columns, then we can filter it in advanced search at least
Thank you!

1 Like

If you inactivate an inventory item it will appear greyed out at the bottom of the inventory items tab and will stay there even if you order the several columns. Isn’t that enough for you?

I made a post about the same problem in the Customers Tab before. @Mark, My problem with the default approach is not being able to use it with Copy to clipboard as there is no way of telling which one is active or inactive outside of the view of the program itself. There is also no way of getting the list of inactive items.

No, Because we copy it to excel

You need to accept that Manager is not Excel. It does the things it is designed to do. While the program includes copying capabilities, it is not responsible for what you do with copied data in another program.

I don’t know what information you need to have apart from the data already present in Manager but you could consider to create a custom report as the inactive status can be selected.

Our business nature is forcing us to change prices of all items weekly (2 or 3 times) and since we have more than 3000 we take only the active products and change it in Excel faster than changing it one by one in Manager, and each time we have to copy all, then we delete the inactive ones in excel then update in in manager again, with all respect to your vision, but I tried every possible solution and it led me to the same results especially that before last updates i could change the number of viewed items from the page url (it was 50 & 100 …etc) so i was showing only the number of active items in the screen and batch update and done
but now we have to go thru this all the time.

All what I’m asking is to insert the column (Inactive) in the search parameters like any other column.

@Yaser, I cannot follow your explanation of what you think is a problem.

You began, in your initial post, asking for the ability to show Active/Inactive status as a column. Your justification was to be able to filter for active inventory items. You provided no reason that you needed to filter.

@Mark explained that inactive inventory items are already filtered and placed at the bottom of the display. He asked whether that was not sufficient; you answered that it was not, explaining only that it was not because you copy data to Excel. You did not explain why you are copying to Excel, nor why the data copied from Manager is deficient.

Not until post #7 did you reveal the fact that you are trying to update prices. You claimed that you need to (1) copy all data, (2) delete inactive items in Excel, then (3) update in Manager. Then you introduced an entirely new issue, specifically that you think you used to be able to change the number of viewed items, apparently complaining that you think you can no longer do that. You said you were showing only the number of active items on some screen and doing a batch update. And you complained that you had to go through something—without saying what—“all the time.”

I don’t understand why you think any of that has anything to do with performing a batch update of prices. The instructions for a batch update are quite simple and appear after clicking the Batch Update button in the Inventory Items tab:

1. Copy the data to the clipboard. Note that the data you are copying is already sorted by Active/Inactive status. No further sorting is required. Nor would sorting be required if all your items remained active. Sorting simply does not matter for a batch update.

2. Paste into a spreadsheet. The Active/Inactive status is listed in Column T, still sorted as above. Active items show FALSE in Column T, Inactive items show TRUE. Modify your prices as desired for active items. Ignore the inactive ones at the bottom of the spreadsheet. There is no need to delete the inactive items.

3. Copy the spreadsheet, including column titles, and paste back into the update box in Manager. If you want, you can copy only the active items. Or you can copy only the rows you modified if there is a convenient way to isolate them. You can copy the inactive rows at the bottom or not. It does not matter. The only thing that matters is that you copy the titles and the rows for any items whose prices you modified. Unchanged rows can be included without affecting anything. Inactive items can be included without affecting anything. But suppose you changed only two prices out of 3,000. You could select the title row and the two rows for the modified items and copy those, pasting only those three rows back into Manager. The effect will be exactly the same as if you copy the entire spreadsheet and paste it back in.

You will notice that nowhere during this process did you need to determine which items were Active or Inactive. None of the procedure involved doing anything on the Inventory Items tab listing except clicking the Batch Update button. So there is no need for an ability to search for Active/Inactive status—especially since that search is always carried out automatically, with inactive items placed at the bottom of the list.

3 Likes

@Tut Thank you for the detailed explanation, this is exactly what i’m doing so far, but if I have the ability to show only active products it will be easier and save some steps, changing prices and activating and inactivating prices in the business we are running are happening on daily bases, thats why i made the post.
but if it is not possible, then we will keep running the same process as you kindly explained
Thank you!