Accounting in Greece

This is not strictly a Manager question but might have implication on its usage:

Any Greek users here that can clarify if this means that the government will provide an accounting software package for everyone to use?

as it happened in italy before if i am not mistaken this means there will be software approved by government but it will not be accounting software

consider it more like an invoicing software you can make invoce and they are send to an central server in real time,
example
you make an invoice for business XXX
after you put the invoice in the certified goverment software, the invoice will be transferred to an central server of tax ofice and they can see in real time how many invoices you made and how much taxes you have to pay, also the bussiness xxx you invoiced can check the invoice in this server too.

it is an easier way for the goverment to check that all invoices and purchases are declared and not hidden.

but it will be an software for invoices only not an accounting software

From what I have read and understood, there will be a platform on which we will post invoices.
But many in the industry say they will not be ready for January 1.

PS - I am not an accountant, just a user.

Can you share a link about Italy please?

In Italy you don’t get a platform to post invoice. It’s up to you how to transmit the XML to the interchange hub and to preserve the XML files. So there are different service providers that helps you with that.

The invoices must be automatically sent to the tax office platform from your manager program where create your invoices.

This should be done immediately when you create an invoice or at regular intervals (every 15 days for example). I have seen some programs that have a button in their program and when click it, the invoices automatically sent.

Tax office are giving an API for programmers to configure and connect their programs to the tax office platform.

Here the Links for the API
https://mydata-dev.portal.azure-api.net/

Unfortunately it writes them in greek.
I am not a programmer and I cannot understand more.

Everyone must connect their program up to 1 july.

@lubos, is there a way to integrate this request to manager?

@lubos we are will need this api intergration, can you give usa heads up update please?

That can be done in Manager by using a report transformation. Doing so and posting the localisation would mean it would then solve the problem for all businesses in Greece.

Report Transformation is something different than what we actually need right now.
According to our new IRS thing it has to be done through API and on an one to one basis, in real time :frowning:

That can be done via current report transformation.

That is would be most effectively done via the enhancement discussed in this thread "Report tranformation" which writes to data entry screen - #2 by lubos

In it could also be done via Managers API however that would require polling the database to monitor for new transaction, so not as elegant, readily distributed to other Manager business, nor would error reporting be as clean.

Or event triggers can be introduced where you can choose an action like call a Url, when an update takes place.

That would be a nice thing to have in the long run.

1 Like

Downloading the CSV from report transformation does not secure the transition to AADE for the customer. That is the first problem. Also AADE does require the EXPENSES recorded to be uploaded in order to be double checked for legality. This procedure is also mandadoty and report transformation does not help us at all.

So 2 options are available here

1. We create a software that we hand out to manager.io concerning Greek community and AADE and you implement this to manager concerning AADE and MyData. This is the easiest way and skips a lot of problems for us. Things became automated and we keep the community happy while we (you) provide solutions.
  2. We are forced to create 3rd party software or service that bridges the AADE and manager. There are alot of liabilities and issues. Worst of them all is the fact that we are on a deadline here.

We need to know what you are willing to provide for us. I do understand that people who are paying the software on a regural base, mostly people from Greece are already alarmed if no solution has been procured and I hate to say it, but you are forcing us out of manager.io if no solution is provided fast.

Thanks in advance

possible solutions:

a manager.io plugin developed by us to be uploaded on their server (i.e. javascript) that will be run under the customer’s credentials and manipulate the database in order to stucture and transmit the properly formated API calls to https://mydata-dev.azure-api.net/ for sending the invoices and recording the expenses/purchases that you have uploades to AADE.

• an independent middleware that
  1. could be a piece of software that uses the Report Transformations to get the issued invoices in the format required by AADE and send it, also downloading the documents form AADE concerning your customer’s expenses and purchases and feeding them into manager.io (import expenses by batch update in the Purchase Invoices menu). This option requires the customer to do the data manipulation both ways.
    or
  2. use an online service to call the data from/to manager.io and https://mydata-dev.azure-api.net/ on behalf of your customers in order to accomplish the same goal as the 2 above. this solution raises a lot of questions regarding security/liability for the service provider.

That is what came from my devs

That is what was suggested here "Report tranformation" which writes to data entry screen
including

Alternatively

That can be done now and is likely to be improved in the near term. Report transformations have access to virtually the entire Manager database. Liquid is a general purpose programming language. Lubos has said he wants to further improve the current implementation.