[18.9.60] Improved custom reports (added visual query builder)

I think that you should also give the possibility to export/inport the single custom report’s setup so that we can share them between different businesses and also between Manager’s users.

2 Likes

Suggestion. Can lubos made the listing multi level folder like for ease of managing and categorizing? I had this feeling I might create a lot of custom report.

Can We Have ‘Balance’ field? where it shows after applying debit or credit, it shows the general account balance field on the right side. this will help to have opening balance, in between balance and closing balance.

custom%20report%204

when you have like a lot of columns pdf generator generate output. It did not fit all columns in page resulting overflow to another page, only print to pdf works fine.

1 Like

Please consider adding Tracking Codes in reports generating

1 Like

Balances are the sum of transactions. They are already available via the Summary. Balances do not exist as variables. But if you group by account, you will get the total of transactions presented. Depending on other parameters you choose for the report, this could be the account balance.

Actually, you can drag over the displayed report, copy it, and paste into a spreadsheet. You will have much more flexibility manipulating numbers in a spreadsheet than an accounting program could ever provide.

Remove or add the columns by editing the report definition.

Thanks for the hard work!

I just started to play around with it. I haven’t been able to found the ‘Amount’ field in the ‘Receipts & Payments’ table. Can anyone replicate this? or am I missing something?

You will not find it, I think, the right field It should be “credit”, or “debit”

The Receipts & Payments table holds the headers from the Receipts & Payments forms not the line items. They are found in the General Ledger Transactions by selecting the bank and/or cash accounts

Small niggle, very small - the Description field is used to distinguish different Custom Reports in the Custom Reports Tab and it also print on the report under the Report Title.

In my case this means that the two fields often contain the same text - I need the text in the Description field to identify the report in the list of custom reports and I can’t suppress the Report Title so it contains much the same information

I think it would be very useful to have, inside a guide, a list of all the querable tables and all their fields.

3 Likes

Thanks very much. I’ll have a play with the functions. I’d like to be able to create a custom report which included customer name, address, and the description line from a sales invoice.

Please add the possibilty to choose between “AND” or “OR” when setting multiple lines of “WHERE”

1 Like

My feedback would be to add custom fields and tracking code so that reports can be generated project wise

Tracking codes are already there

1 Like

I don’t see the feature in custom reports. Are you sure it is available?

Dear @lubos

please can you add opening and closing balance to the report , and if you add also to the report balance for every line as below .

Balance forward	US$ 550.00	                                                     Balance

31/05/2018 Journal Entry 62 FaceBook Ads US$ 750.00 US$ 1300.00 Dr
31/05/2018 Journal Entry 63 FaceBook Ads US$ 750.00 US$ 2,050.00 Dr
31/05/2018 Journal Entry 64 FaceBook Ads US$ 260.00 US$ 2,310.00 Dr

@abedsabd, custom reports are lists of transactions meeting defined criteria. They are not stylized summaries performing line by line calculations of account balances. To get that information, drill down from the Summary page.

It has been a while since I have worked with SQL. So, I was thinking that Lubos might be able to do running totals, but would be a bit difficult. However, I see it has been perhaps quite a long time since I worked with SQL. I was checking around and see that these days, at least Microsoft SQL has an OVER clause that allows you to do running totals (or sums) and even such things as running averages.

I think Lubos is probably working with a an SQL that is not Microsoft SQL. But whatever SQL it is, it might have the same or a comparable clause. So, probably possible to have a Balance column which amounts to a running sum. And it is probably not so difficult.

I am mainly sharing my surprise at the later developments of SQL.

In any case, I thank Lubos for implementing the custom reports. I think this gigantic leap will prove very useful to many users, and certainly very useful to me.

Thank you, Lubos

1 Like

@Tut , thank you

Good Day!

wow, respect man

Can we get to see the depreciation on the fixed assets so far it has code description and name