[18.8.59] Merging "Bank/Cash Transactions" tabs into "Receipts & Payments"

Reference can be manual or automatic. Check the box next to the field. You can set this in Form Defaults, also.

The update is causing difficulties to differentiate transaction types: bank or cash transaction. I need this frequently as I reconcile all transactions with my 1800+ clients. And in manager thereā€™s no way you can see source of the deposit while you are browsing customer ledger/statement unless you go to ā€œeditā€ of each transaction which is exhausting.

Previously, I would go to bank transactions and search for the client which gave me results of all deposits made by the customer in bank with date and amount. Then I would do the same thing in cash transactions too. This way it was easier to reconcile with clients and identify missing transactions, double posting, wrong amount, date etc other issues of each transaction types.

I am not against the benefit of the update. I just want a clear indication of types each transaction without compromising data and ease of work. After all, software is all about making things easier.

I would therefore suggest developers to indicate bank/cash type in customer/supplier ledger instead of just ā€˜ā€˜receiptā€™ā€™

1 Like

could this be a workaround? @raj. *

also you could start accessing the transaction via bank account and cash account respectively to differentiate. instead directly accessing receipt and payment tab.

@acecombat2 Hi Arif, unfortunately that does not help in the case I mentioned as I need to go to ā€œviewā€ of each transaction which again is tiring.

I have 36 bank accounts and 8 cash accounts. It is impossible to memorise or locate a transaction in hundreds and thousands of them in each individual bank or cash account.

what I did to Bank Transactions by adding an Abbreviation in reference field to indicate Which bank, which branch and type account before the serial numbers in which the serial number need to append manually in physical bank statement the same serial sequence as the bank transactions in manager

This help me in tracing in customer/supplier statements which will show the unique serial I insert via import bank statement and allows me independent from relying on managerā€™s transaction titles and automate generic serial numbers.

The down side of said manual approach, it left automatic reference number unusable for cash transaction which is a pity.

Noted the serial number for each cash account and bank account has their own serial sequence.

i am supporting what @raJ is saying. there needs to be a distinction

If you are importing bank statement which contain bank reference, it will be added to description field now. Reference field wonā€™t be populated from bank import function so it doesnā€™t conflict with automatic reference numbers (if enabled).

Is it a problem if reference number from bank file is appended to description field?

@raJ, what exactly do you need? Being able to see list of all cash transactions and list of all bank transactions separately? Such a view could be added.

For example, when you go to Cash Accounts tab and click on balance figure, you will get list of all transactions for the cash account you clicked on. I could make total balance field clickable as well which would take you to list of transactions across all cash accounts. Would that solve the problem?

1 Like

i think a solution would be to give auto reference numbers, the option whether to calculate automatically based on
date which it was entered on Manager
OR
chronological manner (earliest date has number 1)
ā€¦what would you say @raJ , @acecombat2 ?
also a feature which could be added is to use the user input code for BANK and CASH accounts as a prefix in the auto generated reference number.
so cash would have CSH2018090401, bank would have BNK2018090401 if chronological option is followed, and CSH0001 , BNK0001 as per option to put auto numbers as per entry date is posted.

i admit it is a bit too muchā€¦
but
what do you think @lubos ?

1 Like

use bank code or account code as prefix respectively. Other issue need to address whether each bank accounts and cash accounts have their own sequence.

yes, in my suggestion each cash account and bank account would have their own sequence. but then in interaccount transfers the prefix and sequence would have to be different.
now even other programs may not even go to so much detail regarding this,ā€¦and the acceptability among other users also dependsā€¦

1 Like

waiting for accountants and auditors input. to streamlined the process and made the reports and listings acceptable for audit purpose as well.

My impression is that many of these concepts are very complex and difficult to understand. My extensive experience with auditors is that they value simplicity. Further, they are smart enough to follow the option now provided by the program: a straightforward, integrated sequence, automatically applied. The fact that receipts and payments from cash and bank accounts are combined is as immaterial as if those from multiple bank accounts are, or indeed that receipts and payments are combined in the first place. What matters is consistency. And simplicity makes consistency easier to maintain.

how do they evaluate risk?

Auditors typically do not. They determine whether the records of the company accurately reflect its position and performance by undertaking various examinations and comparisons, usually on the basis of partial sampling of transactions, inventory counts, etc.

Risk assessment is a much more subjective undertaking, relying on assumptions, projections, and so forth, attempting to predict how a business would fare under various circumstances given its current state. There are all types of risk assessments that could be performed, but auditors are not usually the ones involved.

2 Likes

the audtior Iā€™m inquired told me if the accounts are handle via system, supposedly the sequence should not have any break or gap in between.for inherent risk. the rest as @tut explained. accuracy and evidence.

Originally in bank transaction Iā€™m under impression the reference normally something like cheque numbers. now not anymore.

are u mean the bank reference will be added auto to the description field? if so, i dun see it appended to the description field.

in other way, is it possible for those bank reference number (import from bank statement) with data/number, u allow it to import while, empty field, u may allow the user to choose either enter manually or automatically?

@harward, are you asking whether Manager can automatically generate reference numbers automatically for imported bank statements?

Hello @lubos
new receipt and new payment butons are mising if you go to bank accounts and select one account
on the other hand on cash transactions they are there
could you update this please ?

@Genti_Ge, what you see is by design. When drilling down on Statement balance, you can import a statement. When drilling down on Pending deposits, you can create a new receipt. When drilling down on Pending withdrawals, you can create a new payment. When drilling down on Actual balance, you cannot do anything, because that column depends on the others.

The easiest way to enter a receipt or payment is in the Receipts & Payments tab.