Withholding tax on invoice missing

Hi, don’t know if anyone else has this problem and I only discovered it recently as we use withholding tax only occasionally. So I don’t know when it started. The problem is that I can tick withholding tax on the edit screen for quotes

but it doesn’t calculate/shows it

I don’t really need it in the quotes, but in the invoice. But it is completely missing on the invoice edit screen

What happened? Do i miss something?

I am on the cloud version, on Mac, and my browser is Brave

Any help is very much appriciated. Thanks

Actually that option shouldn’t be visible unless enabled under Settings.

See: https://www.manager.io/guides?withholding-tax-form

Thanks Lubos, it’s showing in my tabs as I use it for years

but when I checked now in settings it is not ticked

after ticking it the edit screen for invoices shows the withholding tax

but it still doesn’t show on the invoice?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

You should at least select a customer. And it’s way better to show the invoice’s edit screen.

Hi Mark, I did post the edit screen of this invoice above it :wink:

True, hence my remark to select at least a customer, which you didn’t.

:astonished: I’m so sorry Mark, I really thought it would make no difference to the reaction of the withholding tax if you have a customer selected or not. But I just tried it out and you are sooo right. Thanks mate. I owe you. All good now.

You’re welcome. And you can mark my post as the solution.

For completeness and reference purposes the guides at https://www2.manager.io/guides/12346 explain that withholding tax will appear in the customers tab hence the need to select a customer. In the guide it reads:

When the customer remits the withheld tax, either the customer or the tax authority will send you some form of “proof” of the remittance (a certificate, account statement, voucher, etc.). This “proof” can be recorded in Manager by clicking on the Withholding tax receivable figure in the Customers tab, then on New Receipt: