What is my mistake here regarding multiple currency?

Hi, I just opened a paypal account and received a payment in USD. To the right of the USD amount I entered an IDR amount, but this amount doesn’t show up as such in the summary section.
This is what I have:

I know there is an exchange rate, but thought it was automatic when provided with a corresponding amount in a different currency. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Christine

I’m unable to duplicate your problem. The amount on the right should be in USD. Not sure why yours in Rupiah.

My suggestion to you if you haven’t done any of the followings:

1. Update the software to the latest version.
  2. Create a new in either the bank account or cash account to see whether you can recreate the same problem.
  3. Reset the exchange rate to no value.

I see no issue.

You have received 70.21 USD in Paypal account which you categorized against IDR sales invoice and saying 70.21 USD is equivalent to 1,050,000 IDR.

Your base currency seems to be in Rupiah. That’s why Summary screen shows Paypal account balance in Rupiah. This is something I will need to make more obvious. But from accounting point of view, there is nothing wrong.

Yes my base currency is rupiah. But the summary is showing my balance in rupiah as IDR 701.21, not IDR1,050,000, the amount I entered for the payment. The balance in USD is 70.21, not 701.21. The current exchange rate is somewhere around Rp13,750 to 1USD. It doesn’t make sense to me why it would show IDR701.21 and not IDR 1,050,000.
Sorry if I’m being a PITA!

In that case, you need to go to Settings tab, then Exchange Rates tab and set exchange rate.

This is because Paypal account is always in USD and its balance equivalent in IDR will depend on exchange rates set under Settings tab.

Thank you!