Tax Invoicing format in UAE

Not Yet Sohail. I tried my best in the Manager.IO Forum and it didn’t work out. I am thinking of doing the invoicing format in Excel for the time being. As you know there is simple and detailed invoicing formats. I am planning to design the detailed format in excel and proceed.

I hope Manager Programmers and Tut will understand the seriousness and produce the detailed and simple formatted designs for UAE invoicing format ASAP. Waiting. Thanks and Regards.

After carefull reading of the FTA resource: VAT Public Clarification on Tax Invoices ref. VATP006.
https://www.tax.gov.ae/-/media/Files/FTA/links/Public-Clarification/06-Tax-Invoices.pdf

The FTA expressly states the following:

1. For Simplified Tax Invoice:
    " In practical terms, this means there is no requirement for line items to be shown on the tax invoice at a net value. At the bottom of the simplified tax invoice, the total consideration is shown (i.e. the total gross value), with a separate line showing the tax included within that value. " pg 4

2. For Full Tax Invoice:
    " The FTA accepts that a full tax invoice does not need to include gross amounts (i.e. inclusive of tax) for each line item, as the total gross amount payable for the invoice shall be stated. " pg 5

So, the exclusive format in Manager.io fully complies with the Full Tax Invoice format and the inclusive format fully complies with the Simplified Tax Invoice format. So the fine that the poor guy received for the simplified invoice is illegal and should be contested.

According to the UAE government rules and protocols, What is the time frame to submit the VAT to avoid the penalty?

This forum is the wrong place to ask that question. This forum is for question about the Manager accounting application, not government rules. Check with the FTA.

Hi All,
I would like to ask a question about claiming input VAT for the invoices with total consideration of AED 10000.
Supposed that the invoice is full tax invoice but some of particulars are missing such as ( name of recipient and TRN), however all particulars of the simplified tax invoice are included within the issued invoice.
Can the taxpayer claim the input vat due to following reasons:

1. Consideration is less than 10000 and;
  2. All particulars of the simplified tax invoice are quoted within the invoices

Thanks ahead

@Ali_Kaddourah, that question has nothing to do with Manager. It is one for your tax authority. This forum is only for discussion of the Manager accounting application.

I know this point has been discussed several times, but while going through the attachment in Ealfardan reply, just noticed the below point on Page 5:

As a full tax invoice includes several line items, each
shall have the net amount payable (excluding the
tax) as well as the tax due.

So it clearly says that each line item has to show Tax Due. Currently, when we prepare the Invoice, each line item shows Tax due but it is grey highlighted, which means it is not shown when the invoice is created and printed. Can we please add this to the final Invoice?

That is because you have to select the tax rate for that line item there, click on it and select.

Yes, Tax rate is selected as if we don’t select, the Tax amount will not show. After selecting Tax rate, Tax amount per line item is showing while creating an Invoice but when Invoice is created, the same column is not appearing in prinouts.

if i am not wrong, you need Tax Amt per line item should be shown on Invoice printout.

Yes that’s right. As per FTA, they want Tax Due per line item to be shown.

Uncheck the “Amounts are tax inclusive”, now the line items will show up with their tax rates.

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 08.13.09

@rajbhansali wants Tax Amt on each line item not the tax rates. @eko

My prices are Tax Exclusive and “Amounts are tax inclusive” is unchecked. Line item needs to show Tax due, which is not shown.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 11.18.17
Screenshot 1 is when you are creating an Invoice, Tax amount is shown. Screenshot 2 is when Invoice is created, it doesn’t show Tax due in line item.

You are right raj bhansali, Manager software needs to customize this accordingly. I had raised this request in the beginning of this forum, it went through a long discussion; and there was no convincing solution yet. If there are any updates from your side please let me know.