Tax Invoicing format in UAE

Hello All,
Can some one help please. The FTA inspectors have started issuing fines now a days for not following the expected format of the TAX INVOICE.

How can we request Manager to design the requested format?

Thanks.

1 Like

I suggest you have a look at custom theme guides such as Change the look of forms with themes and Include calculations in custom themes.

If this in not the sort of thing you are comfortable to do, engaging a local programmer maybe more efficient.

Custom themes is not a solution. Legal requirements are not meant to be solved by custom themes.

As far as I can see, Manager complies with UAE requirements.

Tax invoice title should be mentioned on all invoices issues

This can be achieved by having Custom Title option checked on invoice.

Tax Registration Number (TRN) to be displayed

This can be mentioned as part of your business address under SettingsBusiness Details

Price displayed should be inclusive of VAT

This can be done by checking the box Amounts tax inclusive on invoice.

Amount of VAT charged

Manager shows VAT charged amount on each invoice.

The only thing Manager doesn’t show (if amounts are tax-inclusive) is invoice total excluding tax. I mean if multiple people from UAE claim that this is issue, then of course it will be addressed promptly.

1 Like

Oops
Looks like I was a little cryptic again.
Any prosecutions would be based on written UAE law (which I would have difficulty reading), but assuming they are consistent with the English information sheet, Manager readily achieves all 4 listed requirements.

However the example Tax invoice has several other features

• Lines under all items
  • A5 or smaller paper size
  • No currency symbols
  • Address center justified
  • Total before vat as well as total after Vat

It appears @Rubins31 and perhaps his local authorities believes some of these other feature are also required. Others read the requirements differently.

So I assumed the legal requirements are easily meet by Manager but Rubins31 wants greater consistency with the example Tax invoice, hence the suggestion to look at a custom theme which could readily achieve both pre tax and post tax totals with tax inclusive item pricing.

Personally I find the example Tax invoice poorly designed as the total below the line items is not the sum of the numbers above it. The layout is appropriate for tax exclusive item pricing but tax inclusive item pricing is mandated. So I would prefer Manager did not adopt that format.

1 Like

These tax invoice format rules are getting way too ridiculous. We have those in our country as well but why? I do not see the point.

Hi,
I think this topic is too difficult to be concluded. I am a layman, I have some doubt.

If we select “Amounts tax inclusive” then it may comply with UAE FTA, but we may have to increase all our pricing and make them tax inclusive (that is price+5%).

Or is there some other way to do it.

Hi All,
Whom can we contact in Manager Team about the custom Tax invoicing format requirement by UAE Federal Tax Authority (FTA). This is mandatory as we are receiving advisory notification to follow the format mentioned in the beginning of this topic. Though some of the required format is covered in the current Invoicing format, it is mandatory to have all the requirements as per the form. We have received emails mentioning that the attached format is to be implemented to comply with the FTA requirement. Can anyone help please?
Thanks in Advance.

Hello Joe91
U r right. Whatever FTA required we are getting it from Manager.

Ur issue is solved?

We have clarified the current existing format (in Manager) by directly visiting FTA customer service desk; and it has been told by FTA that we need to follow all the entries mentioned in the attached prescribed format for invoicing up to AED: 10000/- and above AED: 10000/- there is another format.

I have discussed these matters in the forum in my earlier conversation. All I need is to implement the mentioned format (Exactly as in the Format); whether by any means of custom development or through the developers of Manager. Can anyone suggest please. Thanks.

This format is compulsory only for the retail sellers not for companies

Might be for only retail outlets. But I received email specifically mentioning to follow this format from FTA. I think they might have gone through any of my invoices raised earlier to some customers.

So why not we implement such facility format in Manager? if not whom to contact.

Thanks

All user support occurs through this forum. The developer reads it. So you have done the only thing you can to bring attention to your issue. You have been part of this thread since you initially created it. So you are aware of the considerations involved and the fact that the change you want is not supported by your laws. Whether anything changes in the program is up to the developer. Whether you believe you can continue using the program is up to you.

So far manager is upto date and alot of peoples r using it. You can add some custom lines and do some work manually. I believe you can do it or let me know so I can show you the way to add and doing such things manually.

Hi Tut,
The Law requires such format for retail outlets and for billing of less than AED: 10000/-. I have clarified this with the FTA. Also they have send me copy of the expected format by email to ensure it, not only to me but for many known. What else is required to implement such change in Manager.

I want to change to such format for FTA’s sake.

Hi Sohail,
Thanks. I know how to add Custom fields to some extend. How ever do you think the required format by FTA can be achieved by custom field. For me too manager is helpful in doing most of the required accounting.

I’m sorry, @Rubins31, but that simply is not true. There is no distinction in your law for retail versus other types of businesses. And the rules for simple tax invoices allow them under certain circumstances, but never require them. The trouble with the example produced by FTA is that it combines contradictory features of tax-inclusive and tax-exclusive invoices. Whether they realize it or not, it is not possible to produce a rational tax invoice following both choices at once.

No, unless you literally enter everything manually into custom fields. In that case, you might as well prepare your invoices in a spreadsheet or word processing program.

Continuing to ask for this change will not make it happen. The developer will either decide to undertake what is quite a serious modification of the program or he will not. That is his decision.

Hi Tut,
Taxable person Guide, Chapter 12 (12.3.1) states clearly about Full Tax Invoice (above AED 10000/-) and Simplified Tax Invoice (AED: 10000/- and below).

You may refer: الهيئة الاتحادية للضرائب - 404

Here you have already disagreed with me about the requirement of such invoice by Law. Both of us disagreed with each other. How ever the FTA has asked us to follow certain format and sent us the format as well. Then why can’t we take their words into consideration. Such format is also kept in the FTA offices to follow. I even clarified about it. Also received email, to follow such format. Is it not enough for Manager to consider such format as an option.

Note: Some other known software vendors provide such both the formats.

Pasted the below from the Guide:

12.3. Key information on a tax invoice
12.3.1. Full and simplified tax invoices
In order for a tax invoice to be valid it must contain the following particulars:
 the words “Tax Invoice” clearly displayed on the invoice;
 the name, address, and TRN of the supplier;
 where the recipient of the supply is registered for VAT, the name, address, and
TRN of the recipient;
 a sequential tax invoice number or a unique invoice number;
 the date of issuing the tax invoice;
 the date of supply (where different from date of issue of the tax invoice);
 a description of the goods or services supplied;
 for each good or service, the unit price, the quantity or volume supplied, the
rate of VAT and the amount payable expressed in AED;
 the amount of any discount offered;
 the gross amount payable expressed in AED;
 the tax amount payable expressed in AED together with the rate of exchange
applied; and
 where the invoice relates to a supply under which the recipient is required to
account for VAT, a statement that the recipient is required to account for VAT,
and a reference to the relevant provision of the Law.
In addition to a ‘full’ tax invoice, in certain situations a person may issue a ‘simplified
tax invoice’. A simplified tax invoice may be issued in the following two situations:
 where the recipient is not registered for VAT; or
 where the recipient is registered for VAT and the consideration for the supply
does not exceed AED 10,000.
The information required to be stated on a simplified tax invoice is not as extensive as
for the full invoice, and includes:
 the words “Tax Invoice” clearly displayed on the invoice;
 the name, address, and TRN of the registered supplier;

 the date of issuing the tax invoice;
 a description of the goods or services supplied; and
 the total consideration and the VAT amount charged.
It should be noted that issuing a simplified tax invoice instead of a full tax invoice is
optional – for example, the supplier may choose to issue a full tax invoice even when
the recipient is not registered for VAT and a simplified tax invoice is therefore available.

Thanks Tut. Waiting for your positive reply.

@Rubins31, I have read the regulations you quote many times. As I keep pointing out, Manager is already compliant. The critical portions for full tax invoices are:

and later,

The latter requirement is specifically not included in the list of information that must be included for each good or service. It applies only to the entire tax invoice.

The critical text for a simplified tax invoice is:

Again, there is no mention of providing tax amounts for each good or service.

I cannot help it if personnel at FTA misunderstand the law they are enforcing. They have no more experience with the UAE VAT scheme than you do, because it is so new. Raising the same points with me again and again will not change what your decree-law and executive regulations say. Nor will it change my response.

That is probably not the positive answer you have been hoping for. But it is positively the last thing I will say to you on this subject.

Hello Rubins,

Issue is solved about new Invoice format. What solution you took? Its on Manager.IO or you start using another software