Subledgers for Clients and Suppliers

Dear @lubos,

would it be possible, when creating an account under balance sheet, to add a flag to choose if it is “made of” Customers or Suppliers? When selecting this flag Manager should propose a dropdown with these subaccounts when selecting the main account. A sort of Special Account with subledgers precompiled and made of Customes or Suppliers.

Thanks as always for the great software you are developing

How would this be different from a custom control account? Customers and suppliers are already subledgers of their designated control accounts, with the default being Accounts receivable and Accounts payable, respectively.

If you are suggesting that it be possible to make customers and suppliers subledgers of more than one control account, I cannot envision how that would work.

I Tut. Thanks for the question. In Italy, don’t know under other jurisdictions, we cannot register under the same account different kind of assets/liabilities and, even more restrictive, we cannot compensate directly credits with debits.
I make an example. We manage real estate investment funds. We receive many deposits by a clients to buy their homes. Since I cannot put the payment under accounts payable I have to create a special account under a custom account for each client. My solution, something that already exists in Manager for example for withholding taxes whose subledger are basically Customers or Suppliers, is to have an account with subledgers already linked to Customers or a Suppliers which would speed up the entire process and also keep data integrity being the subledgers really linked to the Costumers or Suppliers.

I don’t claim to fully understand your workflow and legal requirements, but I don’t see a benefit beyond what is already possible with special accounts.

To speed up the process and, most of all, to have the uniqueness of data