STP report containing other allowance

Hi,

With the new Australian government stimulus for the JobKeeper payments, we are required to top up staff pay who receive less than $1500 to a new amount of $1500.

I have read details from PWC and MYOB help pages.

Here is what is required for us to set up JobKeeper on Manager:

• Create new Payslip Item “JOBKEEPER-TOPUP” with ATO reporting category “Allowance - Other” and OTE “No”.
  • Create new Payslip Item “JOBKEEPER-START-FN01” with the same other values

Then to create the payslip, the payslip items will contain:

• Regular wages of $1000 (for example)
  • JOBKEEPER-TOPUP of $500
  • JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 of $0.01

Upon generating the STP report in manager, I can see the value of “Other allowance 1 description” is “Other” which is a hard coded value from “Single Touch Payroll Worksheet.json”.

{% if employee_otherAllowance != 0 %}{% assign employee_other_allowance_description = "Other" %}{% endif %}

I believe the required value needs to say “JOBKEEPER-TOPUP” or “JOBKEEPER-START-FN01” instead of “Other”, which comes from the payslip item description. I’m not too certain what the value should be if both “JOBKEEPER-TOPUP” and “JOBKEEPER-START-FN01” exists in the payslip, but I’m guessing “JOBKEEPER-START-FN01” takes precedence.

How should I change the json file so that it does not have “Other”, but instead take the value from the payslip item description?

After making that adjustment, do I re-import the “Single Touch Payroll Worksheet.json” file because I cannot find a copy of it inside the “Manager” file directory.

Thank you for your help!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: JOBKEEPER-TOPUP and STP