Status of a Sale > Sales Quotes, Sales Orders, Sales Invoices

Woohoo. Thank you. I will be doing my Purchase Orders this weekend and finally start using my Sales Orders.

do you have any plans to implement something so that Quotes and Orders will default to not showing quotes that are closed or successful etc. In short, the ultimate aim is to only show quotes and orders that are open/pending or whatever. Cheers

I have set up a manual method to do this. I’ve set up the following drop-down selections under " a custom field named Status". If a Quote has been invoiced, I simply select “Invoiced”; if quote never develops to a sale, I mark it as “Closed”… Works for me.
*Active
*Ready
*Hold
Closed
Invoiced

Notice the * next to what I consider “Live” quotes. By simply entering the * in the search field, all live quotes surface.

2 Likes

Yes I know that works, but what you keep failing to understand is that is still a workaround rather than a proper solution. The default of the program should be to show only live quotes upon opening the quotes. One should not have to use tricks to get it to show what you want. Your method works, but its not a proper solution especially as you cannot filter by live quotes and by client and it is a hack rather than a proper way to use the program. I want to open quotes and only see live quotes and purchase orders by default. I don’t want to have filter the view to see what I should see by default.

HI is there a status_field of sales or report showing the pending/next action in the work-flow of sales order upto sales invoice?

@lubos,
please see this sales offer screen, it is same in sales order too. now we have to filter this in every line item to populate data. it would make much difference if you give ‘a select all options’ and that automatically populates all filtered line items.

@mastertrading - Please do not post the same question in multiple locations. It segments the discussion, making replies hard to follow. It’s better to ask in one place only, and then wait for a response.

Here is your topic, please reply there instead, now that it exists: Sales order is not working - it will make following up on your question easier for everyone.

Maybe by adding a status column just like on invoices.

• add a finished date field on sales order form.

On the sales order overview,

• add a status column
  • if finished date is set - green label (sort to the bottom)
  • if delivery date is set and today date is before delivery date - orange label with days
  • if delivery date is set and today date is past delivery date - red label with days
  • if no delivery date is set - red label

In the past this item was viewed almost 3k times and now not even 1 comment… remarkable.

2,800 views, but only 20 comments. And three versions of what you suggest are already in the Ideas category. If you want to express support for them, you should post there.

1 Like

Oops, must have missed them. Can you please point me to them so i can express my support. I think it would enhance the program at least for me it would.

Search the Ideas category for “sales order.”

Hi @tut, i searched for it but can’t find it, but that is not important. I think it is a good idea to have labels like this. So if you agree maybe you can put it in the idea section so @lubos can implement it in Manager.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I already told you it is there three times.

I searched for it but can’t find the improvement in the idea section as i suggested to implement labels on Sales Orders as used on Invoices. If i overlooked, sorry, but if this improvement is not in the idea section and you agree that it would improve Manager, please place it in the idea section.

@Frankie, select the Ideas category from the dropdown list at the top of the main forum page: ideas - Manager Forum. Search “sales order” as I told you to do. The first three topics in the search results refer to this subject. And I already told you twice that your request is in the list three times. Constant repetition of your request will not give it more attention.

I still can’t find it. So if you would be kind enough to give me a direct link i would appreciate that very much.

If you are going to respond “as i told you so number of times” please don’t reply at all. I can read and i know what you already told me.

@lubos: your response is also highly appreciated

check below.

HI everybody
i am using desktop version 17.12.34 . but that status column is not appear in sales order.
Please kindly tell me about that.

this is only a discussion about it. no such idea has been implemented yet.

@sharpdrivetek thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like