Showing the bank accounts in Balance sheet?

I wholeheartedly agree with everything @Brucanna says. I would only add that users should not be upset when a program available for free follows standard accounting practices rather than duplicating their personally preferred workflow.

1 Like

When are you going to allow presentation/reporting of different Bank accounts on the Balance Sheet?

It is now March Tut, could you soon allow us to present multiple bank accounts on the face of the Balance sheet.
AND, multiple Accounts Receivable (eg Departments) on the B.S. as well.
My balance sheet in Manager doesn’t seem to even report the Total Accounts Recble. Why would that be?
It also doesn’t report the Sub accounts of Equity eg Partner 1, Partner 2, or Department 1, Department 2.

I am not the developer, @Michele. As a fairly long-time user, I can tell you, though, that the balance sheet doesn’t have any problem, or hundreds of other users would be complaining every day or fleeing the program. Yes, some accounts cannot be deleted, but that is by design due to their hard-coding into the program’s operation. For example, to get rid of Supplier credits, you need to delete all supplier transactions, all suppliers, and disable the Suppliers tab. Everything you see is a function of how you set up your chart of accounts or how you entered transactions.

If you don’t like current capabilities, custom control accounts are in the works. And equity account grouping was just introduced. So you may want to update if you haven’t already.

Hello Tut,
I appreciate you replying and sorry to trouble you - not being the developer. I like the program very much and am wondering why the BAlance Sheet does not report all of the accounts that are classified thereunder. I will have another look at the Chart of Accounts, thanks.
Also, equity grouping sounds great. I guess I will need to upload a new version of Manager to receive this feature.
Have a nice day.
Michele

Individual bank accounts are not shown for two reasons:

1. That isn’t typically done on company balance sheets.

2. Cash at Bank and Cash on Hand are control accounts, which are displayed. Individual accounts are subaccounts, and the ability to display subaccounts is not yet available. But it is coming. The same is true of Accounts receivable and Accounts payable. They are control accounts and show. But individual customer and supplier accounts would never be shown on a balance sheet–too much information.

@Michele while the current Manager Balance Sheet Report doesn’t listed individual bank accounts the Summary tab Balance Sheet display does list individual bank accounts - this display can be converted into a report. Just copy the data - hold the left click down and drag over the Balance Sheet. after Equity release left click and right click inside highlighted area and click copy - then paste into a text or spreadsheet document. Presentation will need tiding up. Below sample left text, right spreadsheet document

I understand Tut, if a balance sheet were to display the subaccounts for Acc Rec and Payable, imagine the congested mess it would be!! that is fine with me.
What troubles me is:

1. When receiving money from a Debtor and part of that goes to Department A and another part goes to Dept B (as per the original Credit to Sales - Dept A and Sales Dept B, the total received on that invoice is credited to the Control Account and I will not know which Dept receives the money.
  2. What if the debtor under or over pays? the allocation to departments (or different cash accounts) cannot be done with RECEIVE MONEY under the Sales Invoices tab. Only the total is Credited to the invoice.

Thank you Brucanna for showing that example, nice of you to do that!
I have been using a spreadsheet for the past 11 years to do my business’ bookkeeping and wanted to go to an accounting package so that someone else can take it over and not have to fine tune reports that are downloaded therefrom.
I would like to be able to extract reports from an accounting package that have been designed as I want them so no fiddling around is required for presentation to clients/users/owners.
Packages that allow linkages of specific Cr with Dr accounts eg Acct Recble A ~~ Sales Income A and reports that can be laid out as the client wants, would be lovely. Even MYOB is not flexible enough.

yes, I agree that this is frustrating for a small business. We hav different needs that Corporate Accounting.
BTW: How did you extract the reports and insert here as screenshots? I tried to do that but failed yesterday.
Would love to hear from you.

Use any screen or frame grabber (depending on your operating system) to capture and save an image. Click the upload icon in the menu bar above the composing window and follow through.

In that case, you will have to purchase a much more expense package than Manager. It covers the classic accounting reports and deliberately leaves out the bloat. But you can export, import to a spreadsheet, and manipulate to your heart’s content.

When you receive money, you can break it up however you like. Even if the customer pays in a lump sump, you can break the receipt into multiple line items allocated to different bank accounts. Remember, the allocation to different income accounts happens when you created the sales invoice, not when you receive the money. So you can do what you want.

Not true. Sure, that’s the default behavior, but the receipt can be edited, broken into multiple line items, etc.

TUT, Thanks so much.
On the money receipts thing, I have noticed two ways of doing it:

1. through BANK ACCOUNTS tab, select bank account (only one can be used at a time) and the hot link $xxxx and selection PAYER and assign to the appropriate Accounts Receivable account/s (sub accounts) or just total to the control account

2. Through the SALES INVOICES Tab, find the customer, click on hot link $xxx bal due (or View option) and then there is the choice of bank account (only one account can be used it seems), then assign to the debit account/s eg Accounts Receivable (sub account) or total to control account

Which is the better approach? Do you do it this way?

Whichever route you approach it from, you do not have the choice you described (in both cases) of allocating a receipt to the control account or a subaccount. In all cases, you must first select Accounts receivable and then choose the specific invoice, which is the subaccount. If you do not, the transaction ends up in Suspense, which is where Manager puts all your mistakes.

You could download a free program called MWSnap 3

1 Like

New user and this thread appears to be the most relevant answer to my problem: I cannot get both bank accounts to show separately on the trial balance.
My work around is to set one up as a cash account and rename the summary accounts.
Is there a better way?
Thanks

@Billion yes there is a proper way to do it - see this guide Add custom control accounts | Manager

Excellent. Thank you.

I should not complain about free software but they should eliminate this bank control account complication

and allow multiple bank accounts on the trial balance, like mainstream software.

All the software is based on the logic of the control accounts. You split your accounts only if you need it and exactly in the way you need.

Sorry but it’s not complicated at all and nobody, except you, is complaining about it.