Renamed accounts show incorrectly in breadcrumbs

Built-in and automatically activated accounts that have been renamed are showing incorrectly in breadcrumbs for drill-downs. This is occurring on both the balance sheet and P&L side of the chart of accounts. For example, if Retained earnings is renamed as Owner’s equity for a proprietorship, the drill-down shows:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 2.23.33 PM

If Fixed assets - depreciation is renamed as Current period depreciation, the drill-down shows:

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 2.24.41 PM

Perhaps this is linked to your other topic Renamed custom control accounts shown in grey

Also, perhaps you need to refer to the Developers comments in that topic:
“For this reason, I think the best approach will be to disallow renaming system accounts.”

I am guessing as a consequence, if a User renames a system control account (say Retained Earnings to Owners Equity) then any related processes such as “drill-downs” is just going to “arrogantly” ignore the User’s renaming.

Why the Manager Developer has to have such obstructiveness to a User re-naming is just beyond me.

I am guessing that there are hard-coded account selections written into the code - these would have to be programmed out in order to allow full renaming.

And, presumably user renaming, or rather, re-labelling, is allowed but getting the new labels to appear everywhere they need to be is a work inprogress

Fixed in the latest version (20.8.3)