Question about expense claims and purchase invoices

Hello i had a question about purchases and expense claims.
I have a bussiness by myself, so no emplyees. I have bought something for my bussiness with my private bankcard. Here is my question about. I know i should make an expense claim for the amount of money that was paid private. But i have a receipt for the stuff i bought and made an purchase invoice for that. But my question is how i can set this purchase invoice as paid??? cause when I go to the purchase invoice i made and than click spent money, i can only choose from my bank account. but that’s not where i paid it from cause i paid it from my private bank account.

Hope the question is clear and sorry for my bad english.

Greetings

Remy

Then create the Expense Claim as that is the correct process to follow

The receipt justifies/supports the Expense Claim, it is not a valid reason to create a Purchase Invoice.

By deleting it, the purchase Invoice is not valid.

Adding to what @Brucanna said, a purchase invoice records an obligation to pay a Supplier. It adds to Accounts payable. But you do not owe anything to a Supplier. As a company, you owe yourself, because your private funds were used to buy something for the company. If you have read the Guide, you know that this obligation can be handled by (1) actual reimbursement or by (2) clearing it to a capital account or owner’s equity.

Oke thnx for the answers you both.

But if i should buy a lets say printer for 300 euro’s i want this to be written somewhere in my bookkeeping. I paid tax so i can get that tax back at the end of a quarter from the belasting dienst (don’t know how you call it in english). so how does manager solve this if i don’t need the purchase order i can never show the tax services that i bought that printer. So this purchase invoice has to be somewhere in my bookkeeping. or am i seeing this wrong. Another question is that i don’t exactly understand the difference between capital accounts and owners equity and how can i set one or the other in manger??

and actual reimbursement means that i in fact pay myself this money back?? (this is not my intention however to book this back to my private bank account.)

THNX again and sorry for all the questions.

You have asked many questions.

1. If the tax paid is recoverable, apply the proper tax code to the expense claim just as you would if purchasing from a supplier. Of course, you should keep all the documentation to justify your claim.

2. The expense claim will show the tax service that the company reimbursed someone for a company expense. The fact that the payment went to an individual is not conceptually different from a payment going to a credit card processor if the company had purchased directly with a credit card. In neither case did the payment go to the merchant who sold the printer.

3. Capital accounts represent the investment interest in a company by its owners or partners. They reflect a form of equity. They can be used for single or multiple owners. But they are required for shared ownership (partnerships).

4. Owner’s equity is the term normally used to represent the investment interest of a sole trader or proprietor. In this form of organization, the proprietor owns the entire company, so retained earnings, capital accounts, and in fact every other aspect of the company is owned by the proprietor, including liabilities. Many tax authorities consider a sole proprietorship to be simply an extension of personal finances. In these situations, companies do not file separate tax returns, but proprietors report company results as part of their individual returns. So recording owner’s equity is just a simpler way of handling accounts. See this Guide:

https://forum.manager.io/t/simple-equity-accounting-for-sole-traders-proprietors/6971

THNX got it now