Purchase invoice without adding inventory

HI, can I put in a Purchase Invoice with inventory items, and not add it to inventory? I sell kids apparel, and things like socks and bows are not kept track of individually since we are not a POS system, just plain cash register.

If the items are not in inventory (meaning not counted by your accounting system) do not create them as inventory items. You can still store all their parameters and allocate their sale to the appropriate income accounts by creating them as non-inventory items under settings. That will be just as convenient for purchase orders and purchase invoices.

1 Like

Thank You Tut, Would I have to create an account in expenses? Because then it will go to suspence

You don’t necessarily have to create a new account if you already have something appropriate. If necessary, you might create one named something like Cost of Non-Inventory Goods. The point is that you don’t want to mix these purchases up with inventory on hand, because Manager will be expecting quantities, and your entire purpose was to avoid counting them every time you buy or sell.

1 Like