Project tracking? Hi New User coming from QB

Hi New User coming from QB - Classes / project tracking?

Does Manager allow for tracking by “project”? In QB the tool is “class”.

One owner (so one tax return and one bank account) has several properties. In QB with classes each transaction can be assigned to a class which allows for the PL/BS (and other) reports to show the data for each class. If the QB classes are the properties, the property owner can see the PL/BS for each property plus all of them are combined at the end of the report into a master PL/BS for tax filing.

Any way to have something similar in Manger?

Thanks.

This guide may help you https://www.manager.io/guides/35940

Shan, thanks for that lead on divisions. Checked it out and helpful.

Any ideas for PL transactions?

Looks like that is limited to assets.

To test I did create some divisions and checked out payments and invoices and couldn’t find the Divisions field. I did see it readily in the Asset creation page.

It would be more helpful for you to understand and use the Manager.io by read the guide and search on the forum.
for your question, you may get the answer here:
Use divisions for the Profit and Loss Statement | Manager

1 Like

SOLVED

the key on this was on that page -

Note
The Division field is not activated until an account is selected to which divisions can be applied.

Not having a valid account selected is why my test didn’t work.

Thank you for letting me know this tool is called “Divisions” in Manager, now I can find it in the guide.

and for those coming to this topic - FYI, Manager also has “projects” which are similar and different and not as appropriate for the original question as “Divisions” which solve it better.

Projects - Create and use projects | Manager

@Andrew_Vanis, you should also read the Guide about projects, which are quite different in Manager from divisions.