Production Order Items

I will try this out.

Ok it makes sort of sense when it you explain it like that.

As I thought, @kobus_Jhg, you have entered your payment incorrectly. When paying off a purchase invoice, you need to ignore the Item field. For Account, select Accounts payable, the supplier, and the invoice number. (The last two fields appear when the account is selected.) As I wrote earlier, you are not paying for inventory items. You are settling the liability of the purchase invoice.

Thank you. I did not know that.

Thank you Tut. I have done that and it appears to works perfectly.

Tut, I have done it the way you suggested with the car service. The only problem is that the Income and costing have now being allocated to Inventory sales and Inventory Cost. Can I get it to be allocated to the specific cost Items under Cost of Sales? This is where the Production Order would have worked.

OK it appears I have to Select and change the Cost Items every time in Inventory Items

Yes. Select a custom expense account.

No. Change it once for each inventory item.

Thank You

Automate as much as possible.

For inventory items and Non-Inventory items, you can select the cost price and sale price, VAT or GST as well as whether items are purchase or sale or both etc - again where relevant.
In COA in Settings, for each B/S and P&L account where relevant set VAT or GST.

Import Bank Statements - don’t use the payments/receipts manually. Manager supports bank imports extremely well. With the use of Bank Rules which are very simple to use, you can set the rules for each transaction for which COA it goes into and for which customer/supplier.

Go to form defaults and as much as possible apply whatever settings you can to each form as most of the forms you will want the same settings every time.

Once you have setup your COA, inventory, non-inventory items (and in your case production templates), Bank Rules and you use bank imports and set your Form Defaults, your accounting is largely automated.

All you then need to do is enter purchase invoices and sales invoices, quotes and orders and almost everything else is done automatically for you.

I would also suggest that you make use of attachments. I have found it is great to be able to attach suppliers invoices to my own purchase invoices and I download my bank statements each month and add it to the reconciliation entries in that tab. Even though I am not reconciling anything - it is the perfect place to keep all your monthly bank statements over the years.

Oh and welcome to Manager! Once you have the basics setup, Manager is so easy to use.

Thank You I appreciate your advice