Problem when applying the irpf

Why does not VAT and withholding income tax withhold on the tax base?

According to my manager, this should calculate it like this:

image001%202

Best Regards
Edgar Castro
CEO Manager
UFO Design

1 Like

Withholding is applied to the total of sales plus VAT, because that is the way things work in most countries that require customers to withhold and remit tax on behalf of their suppliers. See this Guide: Manager Cloud.

If your tax jurisdiction requires withholding to be calculated on a different base, you cannot use Manager’s withholding tax feature. You will need to calculate withholding separately and add it as a negative line item on the invoice. In that case, you will also need to create a separate asset account to post that line item to in order to track it.

Or, there is an alternative, which only works if all line items on the invoice are subject to the same tax code. That is to calculate a percentage that takes into consideration the fact that the calculation base is higher. In your situation, if you withhold at 5.785124%, you will achieve the balance due you seem to desire:

75 x 1.21 = 90.75 (Base plus VAT at 21%)
90.75 x .05785124 = 5.25 (Total x calculated WH rate)
90.75 - 5.25 = 85.50 (Total - WH)

However, you should check local law to see what is actually required.

I think that, based on my specific case of a witholding on vat, the main problem is the output since I can write a negative line item in the invoice but the government will not accept the invoice output format. The witholding should be after the total.

It would be useful to have the possibility to put some item lines after the total. Maybe this can be reached with an invoice theme… I have to do some experiments.

CORRECT, ACCORDING TO MY MANAGEMENT, IT MUST BE THE IRPF IN ANOTHER POSITION, NOT WHERE IT CALCULATES THE PROGRAM.

AND THIS CASE HAS NOT PASSED ON ANYONE ELSE? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO USE THIS PROGRAM IN SPAIN ?? : D

WAITING TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION, SINCE IF I DO NOT HAVE TO SEEK ANOTHER PROGRAM AND IN REALITY THIS PROGRAM I LOVE.:heart_eyes:

In my case I resolved it with an hack of the witholding function. But you can do it only if you don’t use it for the standard use

And what is that trick? What it takes, not to have to change the program, since I would assume a high cost to change and a lot of work to transfer all the data. :pensive:

To change the description of the witholding tax in the invoice theme and use it to, in your case, for the irpf

As @Tut told you you should use 5.785124% as percentage and edit the theme in order to show “Irpf 7%” in the description instead of the standard description of whitholdin tax

Please see and support my requirement of implementation that will solve this kind of issues

@UTO_MK4

Sorry for my ignorance, but I do not know how to do this.

I’m not a programmer and I have no idea where I should make the changes. :pensive:

Hire a local programmer. Most competent web developers can handle such a job. Look for someone familiar with the Liquid templating language.

And some of you could not give me a hand to fix it?
From what I see, you know how it is done and I have no idea. I do not know if you need any file that I have or can be done by team viewer or similar.

Write me a pm. I’ll try to help you

This is not a coding forum. Custom themes are the responsibility of the user. While various users may offer suggestions or point you in the right direction, this forum is not meant for instruction on programming. And commercial solicitations are prohibited.

No commercial intention at all. Just trying to help other guys for free.