Previous / Next feature request

What does this have to do with previous/next buttons? Please do not divert topics with unrelated issues. If you have a question about something besides previous/next, start a new topic.

Same comment. If you read this thread, you will see it is not about merging databases.

okay. understand. my bad.

Any movement on this @lubos? It’s still something that I struggle with on most days.

Today, I am checking payments and receipts and I am still scrolling to the field I want to check, making the adjustment to the entry, then when I jump back to the previous page (using the aforementioned breadcrumb), I have to re-scroll back through the list and find the document that I was up to and make a conscious effort to identify the exact entry and then manually select the one before or after. It’s just messy.

If I could simply jump to the next or previous entry from the previous page without having to go back, it would make that workflow so much sweeter.

Does Manages back button work any better for you (not the browser back button)?
I find it often helps in situations like that.

I am in full agreement with this. I can’t understand why this was not implemented when breadcrumbs was introduced. This is something that does annoy me about Manager as it makes it very difficult when you are viewing a number of consecutive transactions in a search to have to keep going back, scroll down and view for every transaction instead of using back, next like every other program on the planet does!

1 Like

@d3mad, you are talking now about something different than the subject of this thread. This discussion started out to be about moving forwards or backwards within lists. Now you are bringing in the question of where on a page an action takes you. Those are two very different things.

On the latter subject, @Patch’s comment is relevant. When you click on the breadcrumb for the previous page, or any page in a string of breadcrumbs, you are resending the link that took you there in the first place. Thus, you go to the top of that page. But if you click on Manager’s Back button, you go back to where you were immediately previously. Scrolling position on the prior page is preserved. This is an improvement that was instituted a few months ago. But it is unrelated to moving forwards or backwards to different pages in a list.

Two points, @dalacor:

• As described above, if you use Manager’s back button, you are taken to the same position in a list where you were when you clicked to view or edit a transaction. You do not need to scroll downwards again to find your position in the list. This behavior is like most browsers.
  • Other browsers are not capable of predicting where you want to go “next.” “Forward” or “Next” buttons on browsers require that you have previously visited a page. Revisiting a page you have been to before retreating to the one you are currently on is much different from progressing through a list. The latter is the topic of this thread.

No @tut, I’m not. I was describing a side effect of not having the requested feature, nothing more. I am not making this thread about scrolling and navigation, please don’t derail it that way. I really don’t think I need to re-address this again.

I stand corrected. Yes the scrolling to the top problem is no longer present. However as @d3mad has said, this is not really the point - what happens when you exit a form is not the issue. This is just the side effect of not having the previous, next feature present. When I come out, I have to remember which line I clicked on, to find the next entry below or above. So it is just as useless as the original problem when it scrolled to the top.

Anyway, i am sure that Lubos will introduce previous, next now that he has breadcrumbs introduced which is all this topic is really about.

Added to the latest version (21.1.31).

When viewing transactions, the buttons are in the top-right corner.

4 Likes

Thank you for this upgrade. It is a huge time saver.

Especially big thank you for this. I am really looking forward to updating my server over the weekend as this feature is something I have been wanting a really long time. It will make such a difference when reviewing a lot of consecutive transactions which happens more frequently than one would think.

oh wow!

I see a influrry of messages about this,

It’s been a long time since I’ve used manager, but for giggles, I’ll have a look at this in the next few days.

This is a most absolute requirement of accounting navigation, and notwithstanding that it has been years in the making, it’s good that it is finally here.

This has to have been my most desired feature. @lubos, it’s a shame I no longer use it, because it would have been brilliant a few years ago…

Cheers, take care guys

1 Like

There have been quite a few updates lately. Bank Rules include ability to add supplier/customer, this previous/next feature and the ability to clone inventory items has been added etc. These are the ones that I have been interested in, but there have been others such as batch printing and adding view modes to suppliers, customers. Lot happening over the last two months! Hopefully more to come perhaps even my long awaited status of quotes and orders feature request.

1 Like

This feature is super helpful, but it also needs to be added to history tab, there one can check for all changes done in the previous day for example without going back and forth, this should be easy to do now that we have the functionality already implemented in Manager @lubos

Is it possible to add Previous/Next feature for History.

2 Likes