POS suggestion

any suggestion about a POS system that could fit with Manager ?

1 Like

Any POS system will work with Manager. At the end of the day, POS system will produce daily summary of total sales. This can be posted in Manager as a single cash transaction.

it would be good for Manager (Cloud Edition) to have his own POS (Android/iOS)

1 Like

Could you suggest me how to do it @lubos ?

Firstly, does the POS system produce a daily summary report of sales, if yes
Then in Manager create a Receive Money transaction based on that reports details.

Thank you

payment receipt : we should be able to print payment receipt as well.

You can. Click PDF and print the PDF or click Print directly.

1 Like

This will be just a single transaction, (after combining total sale of the day).
If you can write android version which can receive every sale like desktop version, it will be great.

1 Like

I would like to up-vote this idea, Lubos. Do you have any plans to create a standalone POS module (PC and mobile app) that allows other uses (cashiers) to be able to capture each sale in context? It seems like a natural next step to create a seamless link between front- and back-end, especially in retail environments. This would be a major win, because you already have inventory management, purchasing, receiving, etc. Might an opportunity for Manager to expand value to market. I love manager and suggest it to anyone who will ask!

3 Likes

after 3 year, is there a good news about this idea? :smiley:

We have been using POS for over 4 years and it works exactly as Lubos mentioned in post above all adds up in report even Credit card / VISA bank charges we have imposed on our POS credit card customers.
What we have done is setup a separate Eftpos bank account in manager. All POS transactions are applied to this account then at end of day when bank rolls over crediting the trading account with the physical dollar value is sale ms in the day we check the manager Eftpos account confirm matched in terms of the transferred dollar value. We then inter account transfer the amount to the trading account in manager. This action returns the Eftpos manager account to zero as expected each day and ready for the next trading day.

2 Likes

Hello, mind sharing what kind of POS are you using now?

1 Like

Please provide more clarity on this

There is indeed confusion about the term POS. In some cases it is just a payment transfer system, where customers can pay by card, but in most cases it is a real Point of Sale system wtih storekeeping, item sales, daily and even more advanced reports. There are open source such as Unicenta, Loyverse, Sambapos, and paid for systems such as Toast and NCR Pos. It would lead too far to discuss these here and would advise to Google on them and trial them. You should be able to expor data so you can easily import these into Manager (we just use POS summaries).

1 Like

If you can find an old computer that will allow 32bit and Dos (I actually use Vdos and windows 10) a totally free POS that does almost everything for you is DHPOS. I use it for my workshop front of house sales and just import daily into Manager.
It’s totally free and fun to play with too… :grin:

Same here in my case. Thanks for the detail info

Manager is not dependent on your POS system so any EFTPOS System can work. We have used Verifone / Paymark systems as well as WindCave Eftpos systems / hardware. As part of your POS deployment Element, HP etc supply a nice range of equipment to drive your menu driven Cash Register system and Point of Sale gear. Integration with the above the EFTPOS terminals work well. At the end of the trading day the EFTPOS Terminals / Bank will smash the days trading into your bank account. Now that dollar value will be the same number recorded in your Manager EFTPOS account (provided you do not surcharge customers for the use of credit cards / Paywave etc). For us people paying their Invoices / Accounts by EFTPOS will always equal what the bank pushes into the company trading account. Essentially in Manager that is all you need to worry about ===> Money in Manager Eftpos account must equal Merchant Money transferred by bank into trading / current account.