Opinion on manager holding client data

Gosh heading sounds involved Ha . Anyway my question is
what are peoples thoughts on
I have about 250 clients(I am an accountant who works from home) At the moment I use desktop manager for all there accounts.
I also built a access data base that basically holds below
Home office size and all years data how much to claim etc
Client name address IRD number phone if I am doing GST and how often and partners details
Company name address IRD number phone if I am doing GST and how often and owners details and partners details, Shares and share allocation
Bering in mind not all clients have companies or partners and some partners have separate accounts or with their own companies
And then there are rentals .
So I was wondering if it is worth putting all of this into manager instead.
so everything is in one place the data base can be slow and I would like to stream line things a little better
Some of this IE Home office can be an excel workbook attached in managers folders
some can be as custom fields .

anybody’s thoughts on this . It will take be a little while hoping a lot can be done by bulk update

I guess you answered it yourself.

no I can not decide and was wondering if it is not good to stay with data base or manager can handle the extra data. And has anyone done this ? hold all their client information in manager. what would the risks be? each manager file is backed up to cloud and to an external hard drive at the end of the day

I would not go that route at all. When I said you answered the question yourself I actually meant that you should just do what already works for you. Manager would not be suitable for that purpose.

oh ok thanks .Would love some way of doing the home office in manager .Its the report I have to do outside of manager and there fore does not look quite the same as the others
home office;
I take their total house size and the size of area for there office and work out the %
I enter the various costs and total and then get that % of the total.

Am trying to do the % of the home office as a tax amount. It works but I need it reversed I need to be able to put the tax collected in to the P and L and the total into somewhere ha ha. oh well back to the excel spread sheet attached to folders

There are always supporting documents, spreadsheets, schedules, and so forth accompanying the actual accounting records of a business, and especially the tax filings, which are hardly ever exact matches of financial accounting. In my experience, it is best to leave these in their native form, as produced by whatever application was most suitable for creating them. Trying to shoehorn them into Manager, which is designed for different purposes, never seems worth the effort.

Thanks Tut, as you are one of the longer standing members I know I do value your opinion :grinning: Will give it more thought :thinking: