Observation on Balance sheet Reporting Inventory Item

Dear All, I observe that there is need for Inventory Item form to have " Add line" under “division” to allow making one item common to selected divisions.

As it is now, I face a challenge whereby an item common to three divisions cannot reflect in the balance sheet because it can not be defined for the three sites/divisions at creation level. This actually make the balance sheet report of division useless because division balance sheet fails to report inventory value for the particular item because it is not created for the division. The alternative seeing to be available is to create same item into the number of divisions we have and this does not what it for an entity with many items and divisions like thirty + !
Please I need a support here.

As you said. Under BS are linked to the account while under P&L to the transaction. If you need to assign a BS account to three division you need to create three different accounts under a group.

Assigning inventory items to Divisions is futile if you ask me.

If inventory locations are assigned to Divisions that should solve all problems even when Division are not physical locations.

1 Like

This has been tested and not working. Inventory location assigned only function for P&L which is fine. Not assigning division to item will not allow it to reflect in the BS. This only become issue where we have many items and divisions like more that thirty and the same item is sold in all the divisions.

That’s exactly where locations being assigned to Divisions would help.

@Ealfardan I think this is a good idea.