Managing Sales and Purchases Orders (Advanced Features Request/Suggestion)

I am awaking this topic again…

As always I try to suggest features that will make manager better.

My company for instance raises a purchase/service order for every vendor/supplier for every purchase agreement and we receive sales orders from some of our client too.
If we raise a purchase order for a service or a good, the vendor will have to quote the order number in every invoice issued to us and every delivery note issued to us in respect of that purchase agreement.
We also quote sales order numbers on invoices we issue to our clients for sales who require sales orders.
We need a tracker that can tell us the balances on purchase and sales orders.
I wrote down a long suggestion above but I have revised it.
Now the focus is just on the Purchase/Sales order amount and invoices issued for the order. I complicated the process in my suggestion above by including goods received and goods delivered in the process.

The main goal is to get manager to tell me the outstanding balances on orders.
The ability of manager to show the statuses of invoices and bank transaction with colors will be applied here.
So if we receive an invoice in respect of any purchase order we will enter the invoice from the order management tab. Go to Purchase orders, find the order and copy to New Purchase Invoice or enter the order number in the order field. Manager will then deduct the invoice total from the order amount and show the balance under status.
Green for completed orders, Yellow for orders uncompleted and Red for Orders yet to be touched, and maybe blue for orders for which amount invoiced is higher than the order amount.
The same work flow for Sales orders.
If Goods are received with delivery note but the invoice hasn’t arrived. The items will be received but since the order management is based on order amount and invoiced amount, it will be ignored (manager will ignore It in calculating the balance on the order)
Order management is the new must have in accounting applications. I know @lubos can even make the work flow better.

Reasons for this feature to be added.

1. Protects company resources. Before any invoice is entered for payment, the cost center manager or the department head will have to match the invoice with the order and the order balance before it is accepted in the system for payment. Reducing the risk of entering fake invoices/duplicate invoices.
  2. Helps in the budgeting and forecasting process. Helps the management of the company to get a better view of how the company is spending and on what.
  3. Reminds the company of outstanding balances on sales orders automatically.

what say you @lubos ?

1 Like