Lock the current date For the USERS

i want that user should only work in current data , he could not create any transaction in the past date , because the admin can not audit ,that whether any user ,have made changes in the past date .
if the user make any changes in the past data , admin cannot catach these mistakes .
Regards
Nasrullah Khan.

Set lock date from setting, you must set it manually.

1 Like

You must also restrict the user from modifying Settings.

i have to manually do it by going in setting and changing the lock date wth the current date , can it not be done by automation.??
Regards
Nasr

No. Settings cannot be automated.

1 Like

lock date should be shifted to the previous date from the current date .
i just want that
Regards
Nasr

Sorry but as @Tut explained this can not be automated and is thus not possible and I do not think that @Lubos will make it possible in the future either. Manager does not use cronjobs or other triggers that automate functions. It actually is a strength of the program as many applications suffer from bugs, errors, problems, etc. from using wrong automation entries and cronjob settings.

That would very likely cause problems. Accounting records are seldom totally complete and closed on a perfectly repeatable schedule. Holidays, personal illnesses, vacations, and changing business priorities often mean that financial periods are closed (and records locked) slightly later than planned, or occasionally even earlier than scheduled.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s a personal preference and not something to be forced on all users.

However, this is definitely achievable by using the API and Extensions.

1 Like