Localizations - New way to contribute

@lubos Please Add Pakistan i will work on it. Regards.

This is not a problem. Keep those tabs enabled. Manager will cherry-pick from localizations only relevant data. For example, feel free to create test transactions and other test data to demonstrate how custom fields are used or that report transformations and extensions are working.

I found out it won’t work. Too high barrier of entry. A lot of users are keen to work on this but understanding Git workflow and JSON diffs is too much to ask. Also, it’s important we all work in real-time. If you work on report transformation and something is not right, I can have look into the same database you are working with. Much easier to reproduce issues as we should see the same thing.

Eventually, I will branch United States per state. So it will be possible to create United States (California), United States (Oregon) etc.

This new method has it too. There is approval model baked in. I will review daily all the changes and either accept or decline.

It’s this but also helping themselves. Fixing / improving report transformation in localization will benefit all users who have the given country set under Business Details. For example, if there is an improvement to Single Touch Payroll Worksheet in Australia, the improvement will be rolled out to everyone with Australia set as their country in their business.

2 Likes

but it was easier for other contributors too to check what changes were proposed. now we have to rely on the History feature to track every proposed change individually. but I like the fact that the new method is simpler and will get more users to contribute.

that was my main concern. thanks for clarifying that.

Agree that is an excellent approach.

Having “Multiple rate tax codes” consist of a set of ordinary “Single rate tax codes” would enable a localisation for tax jurisdiction which spans more than one localisation eg federal tax for multiple states or a state tax used with multiple county taxes. Users in USA could then just load the localisations applicable to their use case.

But I’m off topic here and I’m sure you are already aware of the challenges, so will find a workable solution.

What do we need exactly to add Saudi Arabia Localization Arabic file?
Accounts in the COA are translated into Arabic besides adding Arabic VAT Returns Report then what else?

@lubos

https://localizations.manager.io trying to login using this link with the forum credentials gives below error.

Manager Forum this link gives the same error as above unless you are already logged in the forum which will automatically signin using your login credentials.

after you hit logout, the login page is displayed with your username prefilled (sharpdrivetek in my case). hitting the login button after entering the password shows an error page below.

@sharpdrivetek Standard Format For F.Statements are Provided in Company Act 2013 -Schedule-III.

@ASEGC1725 The Companies Act 2013 only regulates the companies incorporated under the Act. it is not applicable to all registered and unregistered businesses. Manager is intended to be used by every class of business and therefore the COA is the choice of the business.

@sharpdrivetek as i am a CA Final student i know practically that the Business is maintaining Accounts are Generally use the format of Co.act 2013.

yes Generally, not mandatorily for businesses to which the Act is not applicable.

Let’s stick to the lowest common denominator for now. Chart of Accounts should be simple unless there is national standard for all companies in given country. In that case, Chart of Accounts should represent that national standard.

1 Like

@lubos
Only for all Companies or all Businesses ?

Although I agree with keeping it simple, you can not ignore that some of the terminology differs by type of registration of a company / organization, etc. For example a non-profit will not talk about equity but about Undistributed Net Profit / Loss. If tax exempt this again differs as no tax codes needed. For USA you would recognize its federalism and influence on taxes, but similar could be said for other federations such as Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, and Switzerland.

this is the source of confusion.
the companies act is applicable only when any business voluntarily incorporates itself as a company (i am speaking for my country here).
the statement speaks for itself that there are businesses other than companies. so there is no obligation to present a COA applicable to companies for a user who simply wishes to manage whatever their business.
and as @eko pointed out, different business need different account titles. so there is no point in providing COA as standard unless the national standard demands it from every business.

Thank you. I have tested it it working. Now I am trying to select variables like Net Sales - VAT 15% on the Report Transformations but they not showing on the drop down menu.

I am looking for variables like the ones on Saudi Arabia report

The variables showing on reports are as follows:

@Panashe_Mlambo you should create custom field for tax codes and then select those custom fields in report transformation.

@Panashe_Mlambo make sure to configure your tax code custom field so it’s a drop-down with pre-defined options. See tax code custom field for Saudi Arabia

Report transformations do not see tax codes, only custom fields.

I think it would be premature going down this route yet. It will happen but I want to make sure country-level is working before branching further.

Thank you

I want to work on the Italian version. But please, introduce a way to let me import my actual settings from one of my local businesses.

I’ve already started this job a couple of years ago and than all of sudden you change your mind on the way the localizations should be implemented and you closed the online “Italian business”… So I went on by myself on our server version of Manager.